Grants and Finance Manager
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 13, 2022
At the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research ,
the world's leading scientists, physician-scientists, and research
teams come together to study and understand the molecular
underpinnings of allergies and asthma. We are committed to finding
causes, treatments, and cures for allergies and asthma, and
bringing these to children, adults, and their families at local and
global levels. Transforming lives with innovative science and
The Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research performs
complex finance functions and/or activities with programmatic
impact on the institution, requiring professional expertise and
application of internal policies and systems and external
regulations. Manages a key area with in the SNP Center.
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance and control
functions; multi-dimensional and complex reconciliations and
related analysis; prepare or review and approve complex
transactions and higher level dollar value transactions.
- Research, and synthesize data; interpolate results from large
amounts of data, identify trends in data, draw conclusions, develop
solutions, present and implement recommendations, and create follow
- Develop complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range
planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations;
design and run ad hoc reports.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial
significance; recognize exceptions, and conduct in-depth analysis
using advanced technical knowledge and experience. Recommend and
develop solutions that may require policy changes or the
development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and
university perspective in decision making.
- Review, design, and implement appropriate internal control
programs, research new regulations, and implement approved changes.
Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, interpret
internal policy and external regulations, and create and/or review
complex compliance reports.
- Lead and execute unit or cross functional projects and teams,
make decisions regarding projects and programs affecting
operational effectiveness, policies, or processes.
- Engage in continuous critical analysis of existing systems and
processes; make recommendations to achieve greater efficiencies and
improve internal controls. Define requirements, develop and
implement complex test cases, perform testing and analyze
- Lead and support unit and organization strategy and change
- Provide training on new financial systems. Represent
organization to client group(s) and external partners; serve as
subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical,
financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations
to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other
staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
- Relevant graduate degree.
- Experience with academic organizations and/or financial
processes relating to clinical research.
- Knowledge of SeRA, Oracle systems is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and six years of relevant experience or
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as
Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and
financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability
to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate
information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to
or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone,
writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to
school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4453
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 93715 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Santa Clara , Grants and Finance Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!