Company: Shockwave Medical, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and
commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat
complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to
establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of
atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated
and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the
treatment of calcified plaque.
The R&D Administrative Assistant will provide assistance to the
R&D Leadership Team, including the VP of R&D, R&D
Directors and other members of the R&D Team on a periodic
basis. In this position, the Administrative Assistant will be
responsible for providing administrative support on a day-to-day
basis. This includes clear communication; discrete handling of
confidential information; accountability; and performing a wide
variety of complex and critical administrative duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Administrative support to VP of R&D, R&D Directors and
other members of the R&D Team including travel coordination,
calendar scheduling, meetings, conference calls, expense reports,
and team meetings and communications.
- Coordination of Department activities - meeting scheduling,
coordination of presentations, coordinating travel schedules, and
supporting R&D project initiatives.
- Create and edit documents and spreadsheets from Microsoft Word,
Excel, Smartsheet, and PowerPoint.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently under
- Responsible for handling travel arrangements hotel
accommodations, airline reservations, rental cars, and off-site
meeting venues for the R&D Leadership Team or others as
- Assist with department purchases, budget, and contracts.
- Arrange special meeting facilities; send meeting confirmation
emails; prepare and distribute meeting materials.
- Responsible for maintaining the R&D Organization Chart for
use with finance, HR among other internal functions.
- Handle special projects for R&D.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in an administrative support role,
supporting at least 1 executive staff member.
- Proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
- Adapts to changes in the work environment while managing
competing demands and is able to deal with delays or unexpected
- Highly motivated self-starter, proactive thinker,
- Highly organized with advanced interpersonal skills, both
verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and with little
- Identify sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
with tact and discretion.
- Contribute to a positive and innovative work environment.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and practices.
- Travel management experience and expertise including online
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package
as well as the following benefits and perks -
Core Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k
options with a fully vested match, Short-Term and Long-Term
Disability, and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health
Savings Account (HSA), Competitive PTO balance
Perks: ESPP, Calm App, Pet Insurance, Student Loan Refinancing,
Spot Bonus awards
Keywords: Shockwave Medical, Inc., Santa Clara , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!