Administrative Associate 3
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to
provide administrative or operational support with limited
The Administrative Associate (AA) is responsible for providing a
full range of administrative support to the Associate Dean,
Director of Business Operations and Finance and Director of
Transformational Initiatives for the Office of Facilities Planning
and Management (OFPM). This is a busy and complex position
requiring a high level of judgment, initiative, attention to
detail, confidentiality and follow through. Interactions in-person,
email or telephone will require highly independent, unsupervised
work. Key duties which require a significant degree of independence
and accuracy and can be summarized as follows: meeting management
and support, communications/data organization, travel, processing
reimbursements, document management and special projects. The AA is
required to provide quick and thorough response to requests from
OFPM staff members and external constituencies. The AA collaborates
with the other Dean's Office staff as well as others both internal
and external to the School of Medicine and the University. Because
this position represents the Office of the Dean, a very high degree
of tact, diplomacy and attention to detail is required.
This position is a point of contact not only for Stanford
University faculty and staff but also for associations, vendors,
and institutions external to Stanford. This requires this position
to understand the complexity of the OFPM department, SoM and
Stanford University regarding who to contact for a response and the
organizational skills to follow-up as needed. In addition, as
appropriate, the Associate Dean and Director of BP&F must be
apprised of requests and have their basic administrative tasks such
as calendaring and reimbursements effectively managed.
The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team,
engaging in cross-training and providing backup administrative
coverage with unparalleled leading edge community of faculty and
staff that are fundamentally changing the world of health care.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair
in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time
cards and time-off tracking.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
- - Other duties may also be assigned
- 3+ years professional administrative experience supporting
senior managers with complex calendar scheduling
- Experienced in Outlook Calendar, specifically calendar
management and meeting creation
- Proficient in business software including: MS Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, BOX, Adobe Acrobat, and Zoom
- Stanford administrative experience a plus, including processing
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing events
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and four years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 91317As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Santa Clara , Administrative Associate 3, Administration, Clerical , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!