Administrative Assistant 3
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Stanford University's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is
seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to provide administrative and
operational support with limited supervision to the Division of
Gynecologic Specialties, including support of the Division Chief.
The Division of Gynecologic Specialties includes faculty
specialists in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urogynecology and Pelvic
Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology,
Complex Family Planning, LGBTQ+ health, and Sexual Medicine.
This position requires experience with outstanding attention to
detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, superb
follow-though to ensure that projects are not delayed, and
outstanding organizational skills. The successful candidate will be
a valued member of a team who is able to work independently, liaise
with stakeholders, and work within an academic community-engaged
research context. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced
environment, and be inspired by the Department of Obstetrics and
Gynecology's mission to improve women's health through innovative
and compassionate care, education, advocacy and discovery.
For more details about the department:
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, reconcile, and report on budget
statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May
assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor
- Develop evaluation and tracking systems for research and
community engagement activities.
- Maintain office supplies, research promotional materials,
- Assist with research participant management.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor in regards to establishing
priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are
administrative in nature.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
- Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and
- Knowledge of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer
(LGBTQ+) and other sexual and gender minority (SGM)
- Ability to work with sexual, gender, and racial/ethnic minority
and other marginalized populations and be empathetic
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical skills in basic finance tracking.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
This will be a hybrid role based at the Stanford Center for
Academic Medicine (CAM).
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Department URL:
- Requisition ID: 95163 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Santa Clara , Administrative Assistant 3, Administration, Clerical , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!