Health Education Instructor I
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As a Health Education Instructor I, you will perform
administrative tasks in the office to deliver wellness events for
customers, serve as moderator of health promotion webinars and be
liaison at flu shot events to educate on prevention messages to
participants. You will also be called on to conduct blood pressure
and body composition measurements and brief education during
screening event at employer groups' worksites. Duties may change
based on department needs.
Conducts health education classes using basic to moderately
difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of
health of Kaiser members and non-members. May conduct classes of
various health related topics.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources
and tools related to health, lifestyle change, and behavior
modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content
or teaching methods to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching
- Answers questions and provides class participants w/
appropriate resources of information.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of
materials, and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance
rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations, and timesheets or
phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those
who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor
progress of participants, and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as
those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance,
accreditation and license requirements, and department specific
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources
related to health, lifestyle change, and behavior modification
offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
Work location is Tantau Medical Offices
- Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching classes or
conducting training programs.Education
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly
related field to field of course instruction.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- License or professional credentials or certification in the
field as appropriate to the course instruction.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal
- Able to function independently and exercise professional
- Demonstrate skills in teaching techniques and
- Demonstrate ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of
people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and group
- Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Medical
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Education / Training,Education & Training
Department : Worksite Wellness
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara , Health Education Instructor I, Education / Teaching , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!