Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Get your career started at eHealtheHealthInsurance has many
exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across
various functions. Come join us today!
At eHealth, we are passionate about solving our nation's toughest
problems to bring more suitable, accessible, and affordable health
insurance to Americans. We are seeking a talented data engineer to
join our growing data team, which is already making a valuable
impact on the entire company. This person will help us develop
cutting-edge data tools and pipelines to drive better and faster
decision making within our company and to better serve our
customers. This is a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative
environment requiring quick learning, agility, and flexibility.
- Become the subject matter expert on our data and its
capabilities. Your scope of knowledge will need to include various
data systems that are specialized to internal departments and 3rd
party data platforms.
- Design and build highly scalable data integration / ETL
pipelines to improve data accessibility and consumption.
- Automate data processing using workflows tools to schedule and
manage dependency of various data pipelines.
- Work directly with data scientists to develop scalable
implementation of statistical and machine learning models in
production, and work with software engineers to design, build, and
maintain APIs to interact with those models.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and
- Assist eHealth's data architect with logical and physical data
model designs and documentation.
- Work with data infrastructure team to triage issues and support
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or a
related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience with designing, implementing and
maintaining scalable and reliable data pipelines
- Mastery of SQL in writing complex and high performance
- Working experience with MPP systems (Snowflake, Spark SQL,
Hive) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB, etc).
- Production coding experience with Python, Scala or Java and
scripting languages (Unix shell) as well as solid experience with
- Expertise with relational databases and experience with schema
design and dimensional data modeling.
- Working experience with various ETL technologies and frameworks
(Pentaho, Informatica, Matillion, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS data tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated problem-solver who enjoys working in a
fast-paced environment and can also be patient with the pace of
highly regulated industries like healthcare.
Nice to Have:
- Experience collaborating with data science team.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing data APIs.
- Product familiarity with Adobe Analytics, Cisco systems,
- Familiarity with workflow management tools (Airflow).
- Working experience with data warehousing.
- Ability to create beautiful data visualizations using D3,
Tableau, or similar tools.
- Working experience with large healthcare related datasets,
including EHRs, medical claims data, and health population surveys.
Experience in building healthcare data pipelines would be a big
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance industry, products, systems,
business strategies, and products.
- Experience working with call center operations.
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our
policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants
and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable
federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is
our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a
bias-free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with eHealth and
need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted
position contact us at: email@example.com.
Keywords: eHealth, Santa Clara , Data Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!