Staff Automation Engineer
Company: Coherent Inc
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an energetic and self-driven automation engineer
to join Coherent Diode Component group. The successful candidate
will lead the maintenance and development of automation software
for high power high volume semiconductor laser diode
* Develop new as well as improve, and sustain existing software
code used at automation equipment for high power laser diode
packaging and testing.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to transfer new equipment
* Support equipment technicians in troubleshooting difficult
* Develop robust code that is organized, structured, documented,
maintainable, and reusable using modern programming standards.
* Develop and implement machine vision based systems for image
* Participate in the conceptual development of automation
equipment, define software requirements and specifications.
* Design and develop new control and monitoring software to upload
equipment process parametric data to database or MES
* Work closely with manufacturing groups to debug and optimize
software and automated processes to improve efficiency, cycle time,
quality, and production yields.
Education and Work Experience:
* BS in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines. MS
* 7+ years of software development experience, preferably in an
* Proficient in LabVIEW or Python, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.
* Experience with revision control like SVN, and issue tracking
systems like TRAC.
* Knowledge of robotics, linear stages, motors, pneumatics, motion
controllers, vision, PLC and PC based control systems.
* Practical experience on computer based test automation, data
acquisition, instrument control, motion control, and data
* Familiarity with various communication protocols and industrial
* Knowledge of statistics, SPC, DOE, DFM, FMEA, Six Sigma, and
* Advanced data query scripting abilities and computer programming
experience with SQL, Minitab, or similar database and statistical
data analysis software.
* Able to multitask between several projects and handle a lot of
* Strong project management with excellent problem solving and
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a
team environment and meet project deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Coherent Inc, Santa Clara , Staff Automation Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!