Process Engineer, Pharmaceutical Development
Company: Applied Materials, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Process Engineer, Pharmaceutical Development Applied Materials
is a leading supplier of equipment and processes for semiconductor
wafer fabrication worldwide. The Advanced Technologies group at
Applied has taken the company's expertise in equipment design and
materials engineering to create a novel new technique to formulate
drug products. We are looking for an experienced pharmaceutical
process engineer to assist in the commercialization of this new
technology.General Profile The successful candidate has developed
expertise in pharmaceutical manufacturing process development and
validation, particularly for oral solid dosages, through a
combination of academic learning and considerable on-the-job
experience. He or she would act both as a team leader investigating
process improvements and new applications, but the role also
involves considerable hands on laboratory work in a research and
development setting. The job will be partly customer facing and
require good communication skills, project management experience as
well as ability to design experiments and support the operators and
equipment engineers to perform, document and analyze results from
experiment runs.Applied will supply extensive training in the
technology and equipment used in our novel process. A solid
background in chemistry, materials engineering or pharmaceutical
sciences is desired.Key Responsibilities
- Implement engineering projects of various magnitude in GLP
environment in order to increase process and equipment performance,
robustness, productivity, compliance and/or safety.
- Develop experimental plans for unit process and formulation
- Evaluate and develop new applications for proprietary
technology using knowledge of current drug formulation methods and
- Support GMP engineering runs, process validation and commercial
manufacture at external sites. Monitor critical quality attributes,
critical process parameters to maintain product quality.
- Support regulatory inspections and filings as required.
- Author or review GMP--documentation, such as experimental
reports, protocols, specifications, procedures, batch records,
development and technology transfer reports.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve equipment and
processes or reduce costs using knowledge of manufacturing
processes, tooling and production equipment;
- Provide technical risk assessments and justification
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems using root cause
- Provide technical process support and expertise for the scale
up and transfer of new processes.
- Work under limited supervision of management. Demonstrate
project and time management skills.
- Maintain up to date scientific knowledge through regular
literature review and participation in conferences.
- Provide training and technical mentorship for more junior
- Establish and enforce Good Engineering Practices in all project
- Ensure work activities are conducted in strict accordance with
safety guidelines, standard operating procedures and best-known
methods.Knowledge and Experience
- Required to have demonstrated expertise in operation of a
pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.
- Experienced with the material characterization techniques
commonly used in pharmaceutical development
- Experienced with handling of pharmaceutical ingredients in a
- Able to communicate effectively--with internal and external
customers in a dynamic environment and culturally diverse
- Owns individual technical and professional development
- Ability to adapt, change and learn within a day-to-day
- Flexibility to work overtime and in a cleanroom environment
with personal protective equipment
- Willing to work with and around potentially hazardous
- Willing to travel, at times on short noticeBusiness Expertise
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates
with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that
differentiate them in the marketLeadership
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may
lead small projects with manageable risks and resource
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing
solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple
sources of informationImpact
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service
activities within own team and other related teams; works within
broad guidelines and policiesInterpersonal Skills
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build
consensus#LIQualificationsEducation:Master's Degree: Chemical
EngineeringSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:4 - 7
YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Yes, 10% of the
TimeRelocation Eligible:Yes Applied Materials is committed to
diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity
for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with
Disabilities. Posted 3 Days Ago Full time R2111740 About Us Applied
Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to
produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an
industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into
reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the
technology shaping the future.
Keywords: Applied Materials, Inc., Santa Clara , Process Engineer, Pharmaceutical Development, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!