Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Semler Scientific
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing EngineerLocation: Silicon Valley
Semler Scientific, Inc. () is a medical risk-assessment company
whose diagnostic and testing products and services help to guide
patient care and close the gap between cost of care and
compensation for care, collaborating with top health care providers
and health plans. As a team comprised of mostly remote staff, we
seek people that possess a high degree of independence and drive,
while remaining collaborative.
Role: The Manufacturing Engineer has responsibilities in the
following areas: Process Development, Manufacturing Engineering,
Equipment Engineering, and Product Packaging. The position will
work with both R&D and Production for the development,
transfer, maintenance, and improvement of production processes for
products in accordance with the company's Quality Systems and
customer contracts. This position has responsibility for improving
process control, product quality and production costs.
Role & Responsibilities:Manufacturing/Process Engineering:
- Support efforts for developing or improving process
capabilities, improving product manufacturability, and reducing
scrap and production costs.
- Design and qualify process for SW & HW product and processes.
Design and qualify production fixturing to minimize operator
dependence. Create and review process documentation.
- Interface with Development in the transfer of products and
processes. Develop, implement and monitor Process Control
metrics.Design for Manufacturability:
- In conjunction with Research and Development staff contribute
to the design of new products and/ or product enhancements in a
cost effective and timely manner and with an understanding of how
the product will be manufactured.
- Will be required to lead or contribute to the process of
transferring product from development to manufacturing at selected
- Train Assemblers, technicians or engineers on new processes,
documentation, and new product being transferred into
- Perform engineering testing and validation. Create associated
documentation that is in accordance with regulatory
- Assist in production transitions to supplier facilities
including production lay out and material flow.
- May perform time studies to characterize process capacity and
enable line balancing. Support Lean Manufacturing
- May be required to supervise, lead or train Technicians and/or
Assemblers in the project group.
- Provide manufacturing leadership for Project Management &
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS in Engineering (BioMedical, Mechanical or Electrical) or
related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years in medical device manufacturing, process development
- Broad familiarity with manufacturing technologies required
(molding, machining, coating, PCBA processes)
- GMP quality systems environment experience required
- Production fixturing design experience with SolidWorks is
- Familiarity labview knowledge preferred for equipment
- PFMEA, Validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) experience required
- Six Sigma/DMAIIC experience preferred
- Statistics and statistical process control knowledge with
Minitab or JMP preferred.
- Demonstrated Project Management/Planning experience
- Familiarity with both mechanical and electrical product design
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently or in team setting
Resumes may be submitted to
Semler Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Semler Scientific, Santa Clara , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!