SMTS Silicon Design Engineer
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 24, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Physical Design Engineer - Graphics
- Responsible for leading the pre-silicon Graphics IP
implementation and PPA attainment.
- Responsible for PPA attainment and improvement through
synthesis and execution flows that starts with RTL coding and ends
with the delivery of a netlist package ready for physical
- Responsible for synthesis, timing, area improvement,
floorplanning, clock methodology and power optimization.
- Work in collaboration with Frontend RTL owners and Physical
Design Engineers in block level planning and PPA attainment.
- Experience in complex ASIC Design.
- Direct experience in implementation of Graphics/Video IP's is
- Have in depth knowledge of entire design process from Design
specification, defining architecture, micro-architecture, RTL
design and functional verification, synthesis, Physical Design,
Timing closure, Tape-out, and post-Si debug.
- Have hands-on experience in Design implementation, synthesis,
STA, clock skew optimization, and P&R activities.
- Physical Design exposure required.
- Perform Synthesis and PPA optimization tasks such as RTL
tuning, flow parameter tuning, floorplan optimization, design
storage optimization, power optimization, congestion resolution and
maximize design utilization.
- Some exposure to DFT is a strong plus.
- Work with Physical Design team on Floor Plan, budgeting, timing
closure, Signal Integrity, ECO flows, Power analysis etc.
- Should have expertise in: Fusion compiler, Design Compiler,
ICC2 or Innovus and Primetime, . Good knowledge of datapath
compilers is required.
- Should have proficiency in flow development and scripting.
- Expertise in Perl and Tcl is a must.
- Should be able to work closely with RTL Designers and Backend
Physical Design teams across multiple sites.
- Must have good communication & Analytical thinking skills.
- Masters in CS/EE with relevant course work and project
background with 12+ years of experience, or Bachelors with 14+
years of experience
Requisition Number: 79443
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Santa Clara , SMTS Silicon Design Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!