Veterans Preferred - Sr Staff Information Security Engineer
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Company Description
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our
cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that
create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and
the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making
an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and
important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately
80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE
World's Most Admired Companies.-
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us
build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce,
and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about
their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
This role will be a part of the Security Build team that reports to
the Senior Manager of Corp Security Engineering. The corporate
security engineering team targets building state-of-the-art
technology that will help reduce the risk surrounding the sensitive
assets of the company with the least impact possible on operations,
acts as guidance and facilitator to the security operations teams
and helps shifting Security perception from blocker to enabler by
building a relationship of trust with the other teams.
- Build and operationalize security tools.
- Suggest security improvements by assessing the current
situation, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and
supporting proof-of-concept experimentations.
- Create and present functional and technical designs including
data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence
solution design and approach
- Implement and maintain security controls
- Participate in security incidents and help implement the
containment and eradication.
- Evaluate audit findings and act upon them.
- Serve as an expert for the different tools built by the
- Act as guidance and facilitator to security operations.
- Build strong relationships with different stakeholders.
- Cross functional work across the enterprise to gather
requirements and to attend workshops with subject matter
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per
established roadmaps by working closely with the business
- Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams
on roadmap and product feedback
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in
To be successful in this role you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral
- Proven experience in being an effective team player.
- A keen analytical mind for problem solving, abstract thought,
and offensive security tactics with a goal to make security a
strong enabler at ServiceNow.
- Strong working knowledge of system internals as well as
- Proven experience with Automation (Python, Perl, bash
- Strong experience with securing cloud infrastructures.
- Experience in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac systems security.
- Ability to articulate complex issues to executives and
- A Computer Science/Engineering degree with 8+ years of proven,
related experience is required
- Experience/Knowledge with security tools including (not limited
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Compliance Assurance tools for cloud environments
- Container security.
- Networking Security (Firewalls, NAC, Zero Trust, etc.)
- Anti-Malware and EDR tools
- Logging and Aggregation tools
- Data Loss prevention tools (DLP)
- Deception technologies
- Vulnerability scanning
- Privileged Access Management- Privileged Session Management
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran
status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as
required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of
full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start
date.Visitour Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of
the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to
access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email
protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export
control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations
(EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from
the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is
contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other
approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly
common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to
protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found
through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Keywords: ServiceNow, Santa Clara , Veterans Preferred - Sr Staff Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!