Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Directly or through team members, the application engineer has the
- Involvement at Early Supplier Involvement (ESI).
- Review Design documents. Interpret the customer's requirements
in accordance with M-Flex processes and capabilities. Propose
deviations from initial customer requirements in order to ensure
manufacturability at a profitable yield.
- Select proper material and prepare part construction per
customer's requirement for Flex fabrication
- Support Quote preparation activity including penalization,
material selection and part construction, Bill of Material
- Communicate DR/DFM items with customers and factory and follow
up to resolve open DR/DFM items
- File management
- Ensuring all preliminary data and information necessary from
initiation through completion of the project. This includes
electronic data (Gerber, DXF, AutoCAD, etc.), fabrication prints,
quotation analysis, and preliminary correspondence with
- Analyze the nature of the application, the special
requirements, tolerances, materials and components, and decide
optimum fabrication methods and process flow.
- Maintain close communication with customers during the design
stages. Discuss design and process alternatives in order to improve
quality and reduce cost.
- Work with customer and factory for project planning and
scheduling for NPI builds
- Communicate Technical information and NPI build schedule to
- Meet customer as needed to explain Technical items and resolve
open issues, build customer relationship
- Submit NPI build and Quality reports to customer per their
- Involve in Quality issues, work with factory team for failure
analysis and communicate to customer
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the production
readiness process by: 1)optimum tool design (DFM) and
implementation; 2)provide technical support during all prototype
and pre-production stages; 3)track QC and yield reports: 4)ensure
all manufacturing requests are being processed quickly and with
minimum impact on the schedule.
- Coordinate all life cycle activities associated with the
project: 1) Test fixtures and programs - coordinate with test
engineers: 2) Assembly tools - coordinate with the assembly house
and the responsible engineers
- Initiate and manage changes in procedures and manufacturing
- Check and approve design packages.
- Monitor cost data and ensure the quoted factors are met through
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Keywords: MFLEX, Santa Clara , Application Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!