Staff Cloud Engineer - Security Enablement
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Santa Clara, California; Westlake Village, California; Austin,
Texas; Chicago, Illinois; New York, New York; Vancouver, Canada
Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting and living in homes
easier and more rewarding for everyone. The Staff Security Software
Engineer role helps develop and drive security strategies to help
validate that our front- and back-end applications, data and
compliance processes are designed and implemented to the highest
security standards. You will work in a team which compliments our
News Tech Security Team, partnering to implement enterprise wide
security and compliance best practices. You will work alongside
talented and motivated teams who are responsible for their data
security, so that we can deliver on our purpose. We embrace
innovation, learning and experimentation, and have a culture of
leveraging data to make decisions.
About The Role...
- You are expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide
significant contributions to our security team and multiple teams
- Act as subject matter expert for product security focused on
specific aspects of securing Realtor.com products.
- Actively participate in technical and software security based
design discussions, reviews, vulnerability mitigation and
- Collaborate with the NewsTech Security team to evolve our
software security policies and best practices.
- Act as a consultant to guide software teams through the
implementation and updates of software security controls,
configuration and/or software features.
- Security training and outreach to internal development
- Work in a product development process that is primarily
- Excellent communication and demonstrated teamwork skills to
help teams understand best practices, vulnerability impact,
mitigation techniques, data classifications, and security
- Excellent writing skills which help communicate best practices
and security architectures
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with
ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder
- Experience with front- and back-end architectures and
- Experience with testing and remediation of OWASP Top 10
security risks as well as secure authentication and authorization
architectures and specifications
- Experience with penetration testing React, Node and Ruby on
rails application stacks as well as REST and GraphQL API's a
java, ruby, python, react)
- 5+ years of experience with any combination of the following:
threat modeling, secure coding, identity management and
authentication, cryptography, system administration, network
security, vulnerability assessment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/related field
or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com -, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their
own. We're a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to
ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new
home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we're there
to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust
us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps,
and we'd love to have you join our team to help.
We've got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet
jobs to choose from, so we're hoping you'll join us on our journey
to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and
more rewarding for everyone.
Let's make a difference, together. For Real.
Keywords: Realtor.com, Santa Clara , Staff Cloud Engineer - Security Enablement, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!