Senior Data Engineer - Enterprise Data
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 22, 2022
At realtor.com, we process terabytes of data everyday and
transform that data into information that powers decisions for
millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate
professionals. We aim to radically simplify home buying/selling and
help more people achieve the American dream on our realtor.com
website and mobile apps.What will you do?We have lots of data, in
motion and at rest. Our goal is to use this data to make the home
buying experience a breeze for our consumers. We empower them with
the most up to date information on properties, and we help match
our consumers with the most suitable realtors who are equipped to
meet their individual needs.The Enterprise Data Team works on the
coolest data projects and products that reports, predicts and
affects the outcome - using data. This impactful role will promote
the build-out and usage of the Customer data platform, data-driven
decisions and data products for realtor.com, it's customers and
partners. Additionally, this role will be part of the core team
contributing to the design and development of realtor.com's
Customer Data platform.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and operate highly scalable, high-performance
and low-cost data pipelines in distributed data processing
platforms with AWS/cloud technologies..
- Collaborate with Engineers, Analysts and Data Scientists in the
organization to construct complex data sources for algorithms and
machine learning models
- Own and Interface with other technology teams to extract,
transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using
SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Creation and support of Batch and real-time data pipelines
built on AWS technologies including Glue, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda and
- Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CI/CD workflow using
tools such as Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Docker, Github and other
- Continual research of the latest big data and visualization
technologies to provide new capabilities and increase
- Drive and participate in architecture discussions, influence
product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer
technology stacks and architectures.
- Collaborate with the business applications team, product
owners, Business stakeholders, Scrum-master to refine and estimate
- Be an integral part of the scrum team to deliver on commitments
on time and with good quality.
- Review and ensure all code documentation is complete and
updated periodically. Review work of Junior associates in the
- Analyze the business Problems and deliver Optimal solutions
using AWS Technologies.Basic Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree; MS in Computer
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data
engineering, business intelligence, or related fields with a track
record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, data transformation,
and data warehousing.
- Ability to write complex SQL statements.
- Proficiency in programming language - Python.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (S3, Athena,
EMR, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, API gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, Step
- Experience in architecting, implementing, and supporting
Snowflake infrastructure and topologies is a plus.
- Experience in Snowpipe for handling Streaming data is a
- Experience with software configuration management tools(Git)
and CI/CD pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins,
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the
development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding
standards, code reviews, source management, build processes,
testing, and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Takes pride in
efficient designs and accurate results
- Objectively analyzes the pros, cons, and tradeoffs of a design
path and helps the team to arrive at the most optimal solution,
which may not be their own.
- Ability to work with Product and Sales Ops to gather
requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
- Effective team player. Honest and respectful of
others.Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience in Web application development
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools
(Tableau, Quicksight etc.).
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase,
- Familiar with agile development and sprints.About Realtor.comAt
realtor.com -, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their
own. We're a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to
ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new
home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we're there
to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust
us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps,
and we'd love to have you join our team to help.We've got great
offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose
from, so we're hoping you'll join us on our journey to make buying,
selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for
everyone.Let's make a difference, together. For Real.
Keywords: Realtor.com, Santa Clara , Senior Data Engineer - Enterprise Data, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!