Power Engineering Technical Lead
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 2, 2022
This role will be located in Santa Clara, CA (preferred) or
Burlington, MAOracle's Hardware Development Organization seeks to
add an experienced System Power Engineering Technical Lead and
Board Power Electrical Design Engineer to work within our Server
Development team in Santa Clara, California. As a member of the
team, you will have the opportunity to architect, design and
integrate the system and on-board power delivery subsystems for
next generation Servers based on the latest merchant silicon for
compute, storage and communications. The power requirements of our
next generation Oracle servers are very demanding with increasing
focus on highly efficient solutions for our cloud and vertically
integrated rack level solutions. As a Technical Lead Electrical
Design Engineer focusing on Power design, you will be responsible
for Power sub-system and board level architecture, power team
leadership and detailed design. You will take ownership of the
power design work across all product development phases out to the
transition to volume production. You will need to stay abreast of
the latest developments in the area of power delivery and rapidly
adopt & translate these into reliable power delivery subsystems for
our Oracle offerings. On occasion, you will advise on power systems
from prior products delivered by the hardware development
organization.Detailed Responsibilities:The list of responsibilities
(but not limited to) may include:
- Technical leadership of a small power engineering team.
- Participate in rack level, system and board level power
architecture and design meetings.
- Work with power engineers on design schedules for prototype
- Create and maintain presentations to management on project
- Work out best of class power designs based on performance, part
availability and cost.
- Design and Test of high power multi phase Voltage Regulator
Down designs (VRDs) that meet or exceed the strict performance
requirements of next generation third party CPUs.
- Parts selection and qualification
- Schematic Capture
- Design analysis and modeling
- Board Floor planning
- Provide guidance to CAD designers (placement and routing)
- Detailed review of CAD work
- Lead and participate in formal design reviews
- Author specifications
- Publish bill of materials
- Work with VRD Controller / Power Stage vendors to generate and
test configuration files.
- Design, test and tune analog and digital DC-DC converters with
power ranging from 500mA to 600A and Electronic Circuit
- Setup and maintain automation platforms used to validate Power
- Design and Validate total power solutions for Oracle's next
generation Server machines.
- Work with various internal teams to assure the power
requirements of the system and VRDs meet specifications.
- Collaborate with internal firmware/software teams on
implementing system level diagnostics.
- Work with various external vendors to assure the power
components used in the power designs meet the required
specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Bring up and test prototypes.
- Develop and implement test plans.
- Mentor Power Engineers.
- Perform and lead Lab debug of HW problems. Desired Skills and
- Experience with being a technical lead of a small team of power
- Experience with system-level power distribution and
architecture from rack down to chip level.
- Experience with the design of high power on-board modern
multi-Phase VRD designs as well as DC-DC converters, Voltage
regulators and Electronic Circuit Breakers.
- Experience with I2C/PMBUS/SVID communication bus is
- Experience with Analog and Digital PWM control
- Experience with Power simulation software like SPICE, Simplis,
Cadence PowerSI is preferred.
- Experience with testing and validation methods of power
- Strong knowledge and application of high-speed design
methodologies for Power Integrity/Signal Integrity.
- Proficient in the complete flow of CAD design tools such as
Cadence, Concept, Allegro.
- Proficient in constraint driven design methodologies.
- Experience with the power requirements of high performance CPU
processors, GPUs, DDR memory DIMMs, PCIe Cards, Flash modules, disk
- Experience with DC-DC control loop tuning for stability and
- Experience and understanding of effective PCB stack-up
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with recent Intel/AMD chip sets is a plus.
- Experience with Digital or Analog Simulation is a plus. About
UsInnovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to
creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves
and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and
valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before.
That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and
abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an
affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.Oracle is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
pursuant to applicable law.
Keywords: Oracle, Santa Clara , Power Engineering Technical Lead, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!