Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to
make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always
Job Requisition #:018263 Reliability Engineer (Open)
Job DescriptionApplies knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic,
pneumatic and electrical controls, and PLC programming to support
projects for the repair, upgrade or replacement of facility
equipment and controls. Conducts process optimization trials,
performs troubleshooting and analysis, and develops strategies to
reduce product variability, waste and operating costs. Create
statistical analysis, charts, drawings, and reports to help
illustrate and showcase potential issues within a product lifecycle
or business process and how to improve it. Works on projects of
large scope and complexity and resolves problems where precedent
may not exist. Often leads the work of small project teams and may
formally train less experienced engineering colleagues.
- Participates in projects that support the maintenance, repair,
upgrade, or complete replacement of facility controls and
- Manages projects and provides scope development, cost and time
estimates, evaluation of costs and benefits, tracking, controlling
- Programs manufacturing equipment PLCs and other controls, and
provides equipment controls technical support to project engineers,
vendors, facility managers, and internal maintenance on
- Conducts design reviews to ensure components and assemblies
comply with customer specifications.
- Creates training manuals and conducts training for machine
operators and maintenance team.
- Prepares equipment and controls specifications and places
orders. Evaluates existing equipment and controls with regard to
productivity, cost-efficiency and safety, and makes recommendations
for possible improvements.
- Conducts processes optimization trials, performs
troubleshooting and analysis, and develops strategies to reduce
product variability, waste and operating costs.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all work performed
and prepares monthly quality and production reports.
- Prepares and ships samples for compliance testing and analyzes
outside lab compliance tests.
- May support visible emissions evaluation, inspections, or
chemical inventory duties.
- Stays current of engineering technologies and trends for
process improvement potential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience
- Typically possesses Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 4-8
years of experience.
Knowledge And Skills
- Possesses thorough understanding of electrical engineering with
experience in machine controls, system analysis, design,
development, and troubleshooting.
- Possesses working knowledge of cost estimation, specification
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communications, project
management, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses technical acumen and understanding of financial
concepts (cost analysis, budgets).
- Demonstrates strong CAD and PLC programming skills.
- Engineering degree preferred.
offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for
growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age,
national origin, color, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read
Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
Keywords: Greif, Santa Clara , Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!