Company: Eotech Inc
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 3, 2022
POSITION PURPOSEThe role of the quality engineer is to
understand customer requirements and ensure the organization is
meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The candidate will
learn how customer expectations change over time and how the
organization needs to evolve to meet these changing
expectations.The quality engineer will be responsible for executing
and maintaining the EOTech Quality Management System which meets
the AS9100D standard. The candidate will interact with procurement
and process engineering to ensure incoming materials, manufacturing
processes and customer deliverables all meet EOTech quality
standards. The quality engineer will also support or lead quality
improvement initiatives. The quality engineer monitors and advises
on how the system is performing. This will include periodic process
audits and the publication of statistics regarding company
performance against quality standards.PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Utilize quality expertise to interface between the organization
and customers to proactively assure customer needs and expectations
- Provide support to Supply Chain Management to collect and
analyze Supplier Quality data. Interface with and occasionally
audit vendors to ensure EOTech quality standards are met.
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance to process engineering
to support their continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in the internal Quality System Audit program for
the organization. Facilitate the investigation and elimination of
quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
- Develop and analyze statistical data affecting product quality.
Provide support in developing process capability, process control
plans, analysis of sub-standard conditions.
- Participate in all aspects of product development and launch
activities throughout the organization. Efforts should target
meeting customer expectations.
- Complete First Article acceptance as a prime and subprime
supplier to the US and allied military.Secondary Job Duties
- Maintain AS9100 certification.
- Drive to closure supplier non-conformances.
- Ensure timely completion of the MRB process and disposition of
product. Issue corrective actions to suppliers. DESIRED SKILLS
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to interact with
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the details within a Product Lifecycle
- Experience in the use of statistics in a development and
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Six Sigma Green Belt is a major
- Experience with the AS9100D Aerospace Standard is a major plus
- Bachelor's degree in quality, Reliability or Industrial
Engineering with 3+ years applicable industry experience. Defense
industry experience preferred
- Academic emphasis or industry experience in statistical
analysis and reliability engineering is highly desirable
- Experience in supply quality related activities is highly
- Permanent legal resident status required. US citizenship
Keywords: Eotech Inc, Santa Clara , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!