Senior Process Engineer: Welding
Company: Natron Energy
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Natron is seeking Sr. Process Engineer to support production and
ramp up of its battery pilot line. Critical activities include
process development, yield improvement, troubleshooting,
introducing and qualifying new processes and equipment, and
determining robust operating conditions for all processes. Key
process steps include electromechanical assembly and welding by
laser and ultrasonic. Tenacious commitment to continuous
improvement with thoughtful, collaborative and disciplined
execution is a must.
- Provide engineering leadership for electromechanical assembly
of battery modules and packs that include board-level electronics,
firmware, batteries and enclosures.
- Initiate and lead process improvement projects in Ultrasonic
and Laser welding
- Manage data collection and electrical test requirements and
response plans. Work with data science and reliability teams to
understand root causes of product defects.
- Support new product introduction and sustaining process
- Develop, update and maintain process documentation and SPC
based manufacturing control plans. Perform DOE, process capability,
PFMEA, cycle time studies and line balancing activities.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams to implement new
equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield,
uptime, cycle time and throughput.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space/tools
requirements, workflow, design layout of equipment and workspace
for maximum efficiency in accordance with Lean manufacturing
- Automate data collection for manufacturing execution and
- Perform DF(X) design for manufacturing/test/Assembly analysis
on existing and new products.
- Assist directly with the transfer of processes and product
manufacturing to contract manufacturers.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, materials
science, chemistry, physics, or a related field.
- Several years engineering experience in electromechanical
manufacturing. Battery assembly experience is a plus.
- Fluency in Six Sigma problem-solving method and tools including
DOE, fishbone, FMEA, Control Charts and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience solving process yield, throughput and
product quality problems.
- Experience with factory automation and MES data collection
system implementation is a plus.
- Experience working closely with contract manufacturers and
suppliers is a plus.
- This is a regular, full time position.
- Employees must work on site in Santa Clara.
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area
manufacturing/process engineer positions.
About Us:Natron Energy is the future of industrial power. Our
battery products solve problems for the world's largest industrial
power customers including data centers, telecom networks, EV
charging stations, and supply chains, which represent $30
Billion/year of addressable markets. Natron Energy has signed sales
agreements for over $50 million/year for its first commercially
released and shipping product. We have supply chain contracts in
place to scale up production by 100x over the next 2 years to meet
our customers' volume demands. Natron Energy's fully differentiated
technology is based on sodium ions, not lithium. Our patented
Prussian blue electrode materials, which deliver 6x higher power
and 100x longer cycle life than incumbent products, have no risk of
fire or explosion and are fully certified by UL. Natron Energy
batteries do not use rare earth elements or conflict minerals and
are constructed using some of the most widely available commodity
elements on earth. We are shipping commercial product today. A
position at Natron Energy offers you the opportunity to move the
entire energy storage industry forward while supporting once in a
generation transformations of data networks, the electric grid, and
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Note: Natron Energy's workplace is fully compliant with national
and local COVID-19 health orders and best practices. This includes
strict practicing of social distancing and PPE including masks at
all times in the workplace. As of September 2021, 100% of Natron
Energy's on-site employees have been vaccinated against
Keywords: Natron Energy, Santa Clara , Senior Process Engineer: Welding, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!