CPU Functional/Design Verification Engineer
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
- Research, design, develop, and/or test electronic components
and systems for semiconductor and related device manufacturing,
employing knowledge of electronic theory.
- Perform pre-Silicon Functional Verification of next generation
high performance Microprocessor designs
- Develop and complete verification testplans at different levels
of design hierarchy including unit and full-chip environments
- Develop high level language testbench components including
stimulus drivers, BFMs, behavioral models, monitors and
- Develop, simulate and debug directed and random stimulus and
assembly level tests to find bugs in the microprocessor design;
verify the functionality and verify conformance to the ISA
- Find bugs in the design and work with RTL writers to resolve
all simulation failures and discrepancies
- Develop and analyze assertions and coverage terms. Participate
in technical reviews of the specifications, design and testplans.
Identify and address areas of concern to meet design quality
- Develop tools, infrastructure, processes and flows to enable
- Document testplans and testbench component plans and drive
reviews with peers and partners.
- Maintain and improve existing functional verification
infrastructure and methodology.
- When presented with Silicon issues, replicate in the
pre-silicon environment and provide debug expertise to root cause
the issue and ensure complete validation.
- Drive project work and dependencies with cross-site Architects,
RTL writers, and Physical Design engineers. The Person:
- Independently develop quality, timely and efficient
- Demonstrate good communication skills, and abilities to work
with a team with varied strengths Required Experience: Detailed and
proven expertise in at least two of the following either academic
or professional setting
- Modern computer architecture including processor pipeline and
- Hands-on work in C++ programming for either hardware modeling
or testbench development or projects of similar scope and
- Logic design and representing the same in HDL (e.g. Verilog or
- Assembly language programming and Instruction Set Architecture
of a modern microprocessor
- Hardware Verification methodology and techniques such as
simulation, debug, coverage, formal, etc.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment Academic
- MS in EE/ECE/CE/CompSci Location: US, CA, Santa Clara
Requisition Numbe r: 175922
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Santa Clara , CPU Functional/Design Verification Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!