Engineering and Quality Supervisor
Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 12, 2023
PEAK is looking for an Engineering and Quality Supervisor for a
growing company in Santa Clara, CA. The primary function of the
Engineering and Quality Supervisor is to safely perform engineering
evaluations and failure analysis on components. Work is to be
performed in accordance with established QA procedures and standard
testing and client specifications. Candidates will perform the role
of advisor and consultant to element Clients in regards to
metallurgical analysis, testing requests and other technical
support. This position pays between $93K-$110K, based on experience
This candidate will participate in departmental budgetary planning,
and report financial activities to senior management, and oversight
of test method and laboratory capability development aligned with
departmental growth objectives. The candidate will provide
periodically departmental assessments to senior management.
- Meet with clients to determine their requirements; develop
proposals for larger projects, including cost estimates, project
plan, and terms and conditions
- Responsible for personnel management of assigned staff
including hiring, training, and assignments, performance
evaluations, salary administration, discipline, and employee
- Responsible for project management including staff assignments,
equipment allocations, schedules, and costs
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the
annual budget of the department
- Schedule tests, analyze test results, and prepare high-quality
- Perform root cause failure analysis investigations, which
includes the following laboratory activities:
- Safely operate and maintain lab equipment in compliance with
- Establish and maintain client contact for the purposes of
market/account development, understanding customers' needs,
building personal relationships, ensuring satisfaction, and
maintaining a professional consulting image
- Provide consultation to both internal and external clients
regarding materials performance
Data Analysis/Communication/Issue Resolution - Prevention
- Responsible for New product technical information transfer to
- New product spec. testing and repairing study
- Test tooling survey, preparing and test script
- Work with planning team for repair parts BOM and initial buffer
- Define process flow and generate working instruction for
Client-assembly, assembly, trouble shooting, testing method.
- System SECN / ECO / EA technical notice implement:
- Implement in repair line
- Review / Modify work instruction / testing method
- Review all existing inventory, parts purge or rework
- Depot line technical support:
- Review and evaluate depot process to identify inefficiency with
improvement plan and implementation.
- Hard to repair verify/ help
- Testing fixture/tooling review and fulfillment
- Repair quality review
- Depot repeat return system repair data verify
- Defect parts verification
- Review abnormal issues and identify root cause with corrective
- Support / Implement Customer requirement
- Join conference call with customer, follow up and close action
- Consider and plan change for customer requirements.
- Review with IT or management team for process change.
- Understand hands on all customer requirements, Error Code, CID
criteria, part number definition
- Establish, implement, and maintain the quality management
- Sustain, maintain and coordinate company ISO 9001
- Analyze failures and implement corrective and preventive
actions to respond to internal/external customer
- Continuously improving QA processes and procedures.
- Prepare QA weekly, monthly, quarterly reports.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the
quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen LEAN Manufacturing methods,
- Develop training to build quality awareness.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating
audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall
activities of receiving/outgoing quality functions.
Warehouse Efficiencies - Cost Reduction
- Implements warehouse efficiencies and cost reduction programs
to assist the company in making better merchandise flow decisions
by conducting thorough analysis on key areas which are causing
product and delivery issues.
- Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is
supported by open feedback and two-way communication at all
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while
supporting the company's culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment,
focusing on the well-being of all associates.
- Maintains and strengthens internal, external customer, and
supplier relationships. Communicates and works well with all
- Ensures inventory management and merchandise allocation flows
product through the warehouse in the most cost efficient and
- 5 years combined engineering and quality managerial or related
experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering is
- Must be fluent in speaking/writing in English. Spanish speaking
is a plus.
- Familiar with ISO 9000, internal / external auditor
- Requires excellent Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have computer knowledge, functionality, technical
interaction of sub-assemblies.
- Requires excellent communication skills and a professional
attitude in dealing directly with customers.
- Must be flexible in working overtime depending on work
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work
independently and as a team.
- Requires strong problem solving skills with the ability to
coach and mentor team members.
- Must have ability to generate management reports in Excel, ISO
experience to create SOP, work instructions and procedures in Word
and presentation materials in PowerPoint formats.
- Must be multi-tasking and able to work in a fast-paced
- Requires abilities to set and shift priorities based on
Must be able to tolerate moderate to high noise levels in testing
environment. Office and outside environmental conditions found in
the warehouse, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Individuals
may need to walk for an extensive period of time while working and
walking the facilities; to reach over shoulder heights; bend or
stoop below the waist; repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement;
occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Santa Clara , Engineering and Quality Supervisor, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...