Sr. Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Sr. Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing EngineerLocation: Santa Clara,
CA (On-site)Job Term: Full-TimeThe Opportunity:The Sr.
Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer will work on opto-mechanical
tooling and optics in support of manufacturing, new production
introduction (NPI) and continuous improvement projects (CIP).Key
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, operation
sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components,
subassemblies, and final assemblies.
- Estimate manufacturing cost, determine time standards, and make
recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or
existing product lines.
- Configure BOM's to meet factory requirements if necessary.
- Develop the required documentation to support processes and
provide training to technicians.
- Work with technicians to troubleshoot complex issues and
provide unambiguous plan of action (POA).
- Execute and refine build sequences specific to laser alignment,
optics integration, optics alignment and system calibrations.
- Evaluate the manufacturing effectiveness of a build process and
implement improvements to meet build cycle times and product design
- As required, maintain records and reporting systems for
coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Interact with other design teams' group to adhere to design
objectives and support the transfer of product/technologies for
release to manufacturing.
- Participate in concept development, proposal quotes, detailed
design, configuration definition, verification, qualification,
manufacturing specification and documentation of engineering
activities, which lead to improved product, increased output and
- Test and qualify optical components and modules. Work with
suppliers to improve incoming material quality and acceptance.
- Support the manufacturing team on escalations related to
- Interface with design engineering in coordinating the release
of new products. Learn and understand the requirements/architecture
of next generation subsystems.
- Read and interpret design drawings, schematics, and perform
simple updates of models or drawings using computer-aided design
(CAD) tools. Interpret some system models of error, sensitivity, or
throughput budgets that pertain to optics alignment.
- Analyze manufacturing data from manufacturing data bases via
statistical process control to drive process, specs and design
- Minimum Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of
experience OR Master's Level Degree with at least 5 years of
experience in Mechanical or Optical Engineering or relevant Science
fields. Relevant laser industry experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of, but not limited to,
Microsoft products, ERP software, and Solidworks.
- Understanding of system level interactions between optics,
electronics and mechanical parts to enable effective problem
solving at the system level down to the individual piece part
- Able to communicate effectively with peers, interdisciplinary
engineering groups, customers, vendors and across cultures. Able to
give effective technical presentations up to the Product Life Cycle
- Able to test and qualify optical components, electronics,
modules. Able to work with suppliers to improve incoming material
quality and acceptance. Previous experience in supplier development
is a plus.
- Understanding of cleaning and handling procedures.
- Able to read technical drawings, understand BOMs, and use a
variety of precision testing and measuring instruments.
- Self-driven individual with keen technical ability, systematic
approach, detailed-oriented, excellent problem-solving skills,
positive attitude, and strong team player.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability through design of
experiments and carry out tests to collect and analyze data. Has
excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e.,
Lean, Six Sigma (DFSS, DMAIC) Statistical Process Control, and
Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Audit and
Process Activity Value Analyses, Gage R & R, Root Cause Analysis
(Ishikawa diagramming), Design, conduct and analyze DOE's,
- Experience in statistical process control (SPC) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing IT systems (ERP, PLM, CAD, etc) is a
plus.Benefits:We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account
- Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral program
- Social events (summer picnic, holiday party, team lunches,
- On-site Health & Wellness programs (fitness challenges, outdoor
bootcamp, flu-shots, etc.)About Picarro:Picarro is pioneering a
unique confluence of hardware, software and cloud-based computing
unlike anything being done today. By manufacturing the precision
instruments at the core of this technology as well as developing
the algorithms that enable cogent information to be derived from
the data, we are transforming how world-class scientific,
industrial and regulatory compliance measurements are made, and
more importantly, who makes them.Infrared optical spectroscopy is a
proven technology for delivering precise, real-time measurement of
the constituents in a gas stream with high sensitivity and
selectivity. Recent developments in laser technology allow for a
very significant increase in the number of species that can be
measured simultaneously, leading to an unprecedented increase in
the amount of information that can be collected and to
corresponding challenges in extracting information from the
results.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, social
orientation, nor on the basis of disability.Posted positions are
not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume
submissions will be considered free referrals.If you are an
individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation
to complete any part of the application process or are limited in
the ability or unable to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, you may
contact Picarro, Inc. at email@example.com for
assistance.Posted positions are not open to third party
recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be
considered free referrals.
Keywords: Picarro, Santa Clara , Sr. Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...