Solution Test Engineer
Company: Arista Networks, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Company DescriptionJob Description
Arista Networks is seeking high-caliber Solution test engineers.
The key role of the Solution test group is to ensure the quality of Arista's products through System test type testing of large, complex and feature rich end-to-end environments focusing on key technologies as well as emulating Arista's most important and strategic customers networks by:
* researching technologies, features and customer environments in order to come up with the right topologies to test
* exercising extensive feature interaction and identifying potential breakage areas
* exhaustive testing focusing on realistic use cases, scale and performance
* Collaborate with various stakeholders from the development, sales and other test teams to understand requirements and expectations
* Plan the building of, or add to the existing network topology required to test the use cases
* Configure hardware, features, traffic generators and other tools to emulate the required environment
* Execute exhaustive testplan, focusing on potential weaker areas, performance and realistic scale
* Troubleshoot failures and performance shortcomings and work with the development team on reproduction, root cause analysis, fix verification and bug/limitation documentation
* Communicate and present results to various stakeholders while providing feedback and recommendations on potential design and performance improvements
* Interact with sales team and customers to answer questions, handle ad-hoc requests and run small demos
* Collaborate with peers to cross-train on new technologies and improve team effectiveness
* Help the TAC team with escalations reproductions efforts when needed
* Masters degree in telecommunications, computer engineering, computer networking
* 3+ years of experience in a System test or Solution test role, handling complex end-to-end environments.
* Highly detailed working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 technologies such as IP forwarding, IP multicast, OSPF, BGP, VXLAN, MPLS, eVPN, ECMP, VRRP, STP, RSTP, MST, PVST+, Ethernet link aggregation, LACP, etc
* Detailed working knowledge of layer-2/3-switch administration, including industry-standard CLI and SNMP interfaces
* Familiarity with Linux tools such as ping, traceroute, tcpdump, ifconfig, ip link, ip route, arp, /proc/net, /proc/sys/net, vmstat, netstat, ttcp, iperf, and strace
* Some familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or TCL
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong drive to improve quality and curiosity to learn new technologies
* Able to operate with a high degree of independence, driven by an internal desire to succeed at the challenge of breaking our products
The new hire base pay for this role has a salary range of $130,000 to $187,000. The actual salary offered will be based on a wide range of factors, including skills, qualifications, relevant experience, and US location. The salary range provided reflects the base salary and in addition may also be eligible for discretionary Arista bonuses, commissions, equity, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, well-being, tax savings, and income protection.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Company DescriptionJob Description
Keywords: Arista Networks, Inc., Santa Clara , Solution Test Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
here to apply!