Senior FPGA Prototyping Engineer - Hardware
Company: NVIDIA Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Senior FPGA Prototyping Engineer - Hardware page is loaded
Senior FPGA Prototyping Engineer - Hardware Apply locations US, CA,
Santa Clara time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job
requisition id JR1968033 Are you passionate about FPGA prototyping?
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of innovation to make
FPGA prototypes faster and more efficient? Can you work in a
fast-paced environment that requires coordination between many
teams across geographies and resolving sophisticated problems
daily? If so, we are looking for hardworking engineers who will
craft FPGA prototypes of our next generation GPUs and SOCs on
standard FPGA prototyping platforms.What you'll be doing:
- Build FPGA prototypes by making RTL FPGA-friendly, partitioning
the design and taking it through synthesis and place and
- Improve performance of the prototype, analyze timing and
generate bit streams.
- Bring up the design on FPGA prototyping platforms and indulge
in problem solving.
- Release the prototype to the customers and support them when
they face problems.
- You are expected to understand the design and implementation,
define the configurations, develop/modify the bringup and testing
infrastructure and verify the correctness of the design.
- Good coordination with architects, designers, verification
engineers, and SW teams will be needed to accomplish your
tasks.What we need to see:
- BS (or equivalent experience) in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Engineering, or related fields with 5+ years of
experience, or MS with 3+ years of proven experience in FPGA
- Good understanding of FPGA prototyping architecture, devices,
flows and tools.
- Experience in backend flows of FPGA Prototyping - Synthesis,
P&R and Timing closure, with emphasis on Synopsys Protocompiler
or Synplify Premier and Xilinx Vivado
- Exposure to ASIC design and verification tools (VCS or
equivalent, Verdi, GDB).
- Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog and digital design
- Good debugging and problem solving skills.
- Hands on experience with lab FPGA debug methodologies, tools
(Identify or ChipScope), and lab debug equipment (oscilloscopes,
logic analyzers).Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Scripting knowledge (Perl/shell/Tcl) is desired.
- Good documentation, communication and interpersonal
- Experience in system/SOC/Full chip level verification
- Prior experience with hardware emulation or prototyping
(Synopsys HAPS, Zebu, Cadence Protium, Palladium, Mentor Veloce) of
a high-performance processor or SOC is a plus.NVIDIA has
continuously reinvented itself over two decades. Our invention of
the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market,
redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel
computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI - the
next era of computing. NVIDIA is a "learning machine" that
constantly evolves by adapting to new opportunities that are hard
to solve, that only we can tackle, and that matter to the world.
This is our life's work, to amplify human imagination and
intelligence. Make the choice to join us today!The base salary
range is $124,000 - $247,250. Your base salary will be determined
based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in
similar positions. You will also be eligible for equity and
benefits . NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work
environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we
highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do
not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices)
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by
law. Similar Jobs (5) Senior Digital Design Verification Engineer -
Hardware locations US, CA, Santa Clara time type Full time posted
on Posted 30+ Days Ago Senior RTL Engineer locations 4 Locations
time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us 0:00 -/
- 3:32 NVIDIA is a Learning Machine NVIDIA pioneered accelerated
computing to tackle challenges no one else can solve. Our work in
AI and the metaverse is transforming the world's largest industries
and profoundly impacting society. Learn more about NVIDIA .
Keywords: NVIDIA Corporation, Santa Clara , Senior FPGA Prototyping Engineer - Hardware, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!