Manufacturing New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Robotic And Digital Solutions group, part of the Ethicon
Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for
a Manufacturing New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer located in
Santa Clara, CA . Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on
shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics
and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with
multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopedics, endoluminal
intervention, and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH--
platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for
bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for
diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung. Ethicon, part of
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant
contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the
first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive
procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shaping the Future of
Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most
pressing healthcare issues and improve and save more lives. Through
Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures,
staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats, and our commitment
to treating serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we
deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more
information, visit . The Manufacturing NPI Engineer is responsible
for acting as a team member on process development projects
conducting various assignments in cooperation with direction of
team & team leader. Scope of responsibility included specifying,
procuring, qualifying, validating, troubleshooting, and maintaining
equipment and process needed for robotic assembly, dispensing,
and/or packaging components and/or products. Developing components
and assemblies for processing. Supports investigations to determine
root cause of failures, presents results, and proposes corrective
and preventative actions as required. Uses capabilities, such as
Lean/Six Sigma, DFx, SPC, etc, to improve company knowledge,
products and processes. Collaborates and interacts with other
company engineering teams, including teams representing R&D,
Product Quality, Regulatory, and Supplier Quality. Provide
engineering, risk assessment, and statistics support in the
development and maintenance of the company's quality systems.
Follows domestic and international regulatory standards (e.g., GMP
and ISO 13485). Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision.
- Develop components, boards, and assemblies using DFx, GD&T,
- Develop process windows/limits for manual and automated
- Perform process validations as required, IQ/OQ/PQ; generate
protocols and test reports.
- Act as technical liaison between R&D Engineering and
- Complete engineering assignments involving design, development,
- Learns and maintains methods for inspecting, testing, and
evaluating complaint-related product.
- Design, develop, and improve manufacturing processes,
equipment, and tooling.
- Understands and applies test methods to locate, reproduce,
identify, and analyze complex failures. Develop Process Failure
Mode and Effects Analyses.
- Apply comprehensive & and diverse knowledge of engineering
principles to assignments.
- Coordinate activities with internal & and external customers
- Authors and reviews technical protocols, reports, standards and
- Participates in the presentation of progress and results to all
levels of organization.
- Generates monthly status reports on individual activity.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Santa Clara , Manufacturing New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!