Sr. Manager Mechanical Engineering
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a
Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager, within our Robotics &
Digital Solutions organization. The location for this position is
Santa Clara, CA. Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson
& Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital
Solutions, we're changing the trajectory of health for humanity,
using robotics to enhance healthcare providers' abilities and
improve patients' diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times.
Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the
integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It
comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics
(MONARCH--), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA---), and Digital Solutions.
Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco
Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle.
You'll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite
multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that
advances medical professionals' skills and improves patient
outcomes. Overview: The Mechanical Engineering Manager is
responsible for leading the architecture, development, and
execution of robotic mechanical subsystems for projects and
programs within the Hardware Engineering R&D Team under the
Robotics and Digital Solutions division of Ethicon/JnJ. The
successful candidate will inherit a small existing team and
project, requiring the manager to both grow the team and contribute
technically. Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of specific subsystems for the Hardware
- Own architecture, design, implementation, testing, and
commercialization for relevant hardware subsystems
- Design solutions in a fast-paced environment with a quick
development cycle, and support those designs with prototype,
analysis, and testing results. Design contributions scoped as time
from management responsibilities allows.
- Work closely with cross departmental engineering teams for
smooth subsystem and system integration
- Manage and development efforts with 3rd party vendors.
- Establish and own subsystem test strategy for design
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering during development
through design transfer to manufacturing.
- Manage team and budget for responsible projects.
- Hire and grow team according to budget and plan. Work closely
with recruiters for hiring and employee onboarding.
- Lead and participate in refining the design control
- Coach and mentor junior engineers.
- Lead and participate in design reviews to ensure key goals are
- Lead and support Risk Management activities, including FMEAs to
ensure robust and reliable designs.
- Provide technical project management to ensure development
solutions meet the internal needs.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Santa Clara , Sr. Manager Mechanical Engineering, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!