Resident Network Engineer Santa Clara, California
Company: Ordr Tech
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 17, 2023
This is a highly technical role, providing post-sales and
periodic on-site support of an assigned Ordr customer with
approximately 30% travel required. -The Resident Engineer (RE) will
be required to excel in Ordr product understanding, while
developing and maintaining expertise on the products deployed
within the customer's network.This is a unique opportunity to join
an exciting startup in a hot space and make a tremendous impact on
Ordr Security's growth in this new emerging marketplace. The role
reports to the VP of Customer Success.KEY RESPONSIBILITIESIn this
role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Ordr's
products and partner with all distributed elements of the service
chain. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with patience
and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and
advance their career providing value to customers while working
with an industry leader. Additional responsibilities of the
- Demonstrated experience leading IP infrastructure-related
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills to
various levels within Ordr and our Customers.
- Interfaces with peer Engineers, Architects, and internal
- Provide Network Problem Resolution and Root-Cause Analysis as
per contracted agreement with named customer.
- Provides systems/product training to customers.
- Provides guidance, mentoring & leadership to new hires and less
- Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires
in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative
troubleshooting and experimentation as well as evaluation of
- Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple
technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry
practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the
- Experience supporting multiple complex projects
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale
- Collaborates with Engineering / Code Developers on complex
product and software issues, driving resolution of software
- Key involvement in Customer Success (CS) and cross-functional
teams to resolve major customer issues. Leads team collaboration
extending beyond work group.
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability
& capacity planning
- Ability to Identify and share opportunities, winning use cases,
and relevant strategies to our product and Sales teams.EXPERIENCE &
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or
equivalent plus 10-15 years related experience.
- Deep knowledge of Data Center infrastructure systems, network
- Ability to analyze, consult on large hyperscale networks.
- Ability to work independently, as this position only receives
minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general
instruction on new assignments.
- Able to isolate and resolve problems, determine root cause, and
deliver known solutions with a high level of customer
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS organization, strong
familiarity with security concepts, remote access, and cloud.
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for customer
- Must have strong switch and router expertise.
- Must have some Linux, VMWare ESXi, and Firewall knowledge.
- 802.1x/NAC, Cybersecurity, Vuln management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through
customer issues.Our policy is to provide equal employment
opportunity in full compliance with all applicable laws. In keeping
with this policy, decisions regarding employment, recruiting,
hiring, training, transfer, promotion, pay, benefits, lay-off,
demotion, discharge, or other aspects of employment will be made
without respect to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy status,
national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, disability or
handicap, veteran or military status or other characteristics
protected by law.Salary range: $180,000 to $200,000 annually. Our
job titles span more than one career-level. Actual base pay is
dependent upon many factors including but not limited to training,
transferable skills, work experience, business needs and
Keywords: Ordr Tech, Santa Clara , Resident Network Engineer Santa Clara, California, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!