Senior Firmware Engineer
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world's largest and most
recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance,
high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul,
South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology
& Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network
spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and
the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and
long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial,
government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship
company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7
business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions
through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future
for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering
revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including
ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging
solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
Future Energy Technology Center (FETC) is looking for a Senior
Firmware Engineer to work on new power electronics development in
renewable energy, EV charging, energy storage, IoT, and more. You
will implement firmware and control algorithms in bare metal
systems to control power stages ranging from a few hundred of watts
to megawatts, implement communication algorithms and support
firmware from R&D stage to production. You will also be tasked
to develop FW for the SoCs that provide network communication.
- Develop and debug modular low-level, real-time, and low-latency
firmware in C
- Develop control algorithms for power electronics products:
solar converters, EV chargers, energy storage, etc.
- Design and implement communication protocols based on UART,
SPI, I2C, CAN, and possibly higher level comm like PLC, BT, and
- Participate in board bring-up, debugging, testing, and code
- Collaborate with all other engineering teams (electrical,
- Support generation of software specifications and design
- Support project schedules and timelines
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer
Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional firmware/software development
- Experience with embedded systems compilers, debuggers, and
- Experience developing embedded device drivers including ADC,
GPIO, PWM, UART, SPI, WiFi, cellular, etc.
- Understanding of workings of RTOS or schedulers
- Strong team player able to work in code sets with multiple
- Ability to integrate and troubleshoot existing code
- Ability to debug complex system-level issues and drive
- Experience with communication protocols
- Experience with lab equipment: meters, oscilloscopes, signal
generators, logic analyzers, etc.
- Basic understanding of schematics and circuit diagrams
- Experience with git, JIRA, and related workflows
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork in cross-functional
- Strong communication skills, with good knowledge of spoken and
- Experience in developing firmware in power electronics projects
such as motor control/drives, AC/DC and DC/DC converters, etc.
- Knowledge of continuous time and discrete time control and its
implementation in embedded environments
- Knowledge of scripting languages or any other high-level
- Knowledge of FPGA programming and ASIC development
- Experience in mobile app integration for data collection and
- Experience in cloud data storage
Keywords: Qcells, Santa Clara , Senior Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!