Manager, Real Estate Security
Company: Digital Realty
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Manager, Real Estate Security
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to
TwitterTwitterShare to PrintPrintShare to EmailEmailShare to
Santa Clara, CA
POSITION: Manager, Real Estate Security
As a member of the Portfolio Operations team, these new,
highly-visible roles will oversee all site-level, campus-level
security operations for the assigned properties by administering
the third-party guarding service contract, coordinating security
technology infrastructure projects and ensuring overall security
compliance with Digital Realty's policies and procedures and other
regulatory and contractual requirements.
- 10+ years of security operations experience required preferably
in a corporate environment or government agency with advance
knowledge of physical security operations and technical design and
- A four-year bachelor's degree or have law enforcement or US
military background with honorable discharge or a combination of
both educational and relevant, job-related work
- Data center operations, experience with managing large,
multi-complex facilities and/or technology industry experience
- Customer focus and experience working with top Fortune 100
- Self-driven, bias for action and detail oriented.
- Prior experience with business continuity and emergency
response planning and operations coordination preferred.
- Experience with security systems and software platforms
- Strong commitment to security policies, rules and
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and
- A polished professional demeanor and commercial
- Ability to analyze complex problems and work solutions through
to completion with absolute discretion and confidentiality when
- Must be computer literate and possess advance-level proficiency
in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Knowledge and experience with the use of quality and/or
continuous improvement tools, techniques, practices, etc.
- Strong team player with a demonstrated track record and history
in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and
- Advance customer (internal/external) interfacing,
problem-solving and relationship skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and
the ability to travel locally as required.
- Overnight travel may be required on an "as needed, special
basis" but generally less than 10% of the time.
- Oversee day-to-day security operations and management of site
security vendor for assigned territory.
- Manage budget and assigned security infrastructure projects for
assigned security operations.
- Drive operational and security compliance; and create
accountability through effective change management, leadership and
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction KPIs as evidence in
feedback surveys, audit results, zero security breaches and policy
- Oversee third-party security vendor recruitment and training
- Ensure third-party security guard firm complies with the
service contract, KPIs and SLAs objectives including:
- Closely monitoring alarm response, building/grounds physical
security protection, customer lease SLA requirements, effective
crisis management, employee/customer safety, investigations, fire
and life safety.
- Establish an annual security operations plan for assigned
properties on staffing, recruiting and retention, systems,
infrastructure upgrades and maintenance, budget management and
customer satisfaction. Set KPIs to measure and report on
operational and systems performance.
- Ensure all training requirements and/or annual
company-sponsored security operational exercises, compliance
requirements and audits are completed on-time for assigned
- Lead business continuity and emergency response planning and
operations coordination for assigned operations.
- Monitor and regulate security platform transactions, security
vendor KPI's and SLA's in assigned territory; and develop
corrective actions to address deficiencies.
- Keep records and prepare accurate timely reports both manually
and through automated methods.
- Facilitate security equipment deployment projects as
appropriate and assigned by Digital manager.
- Support internal and external regulatory audits and
certifications, customer/sales/corporate tours as needed.
- Liaison with Digital Realty's corporate Portfolio Security,
other Digital departments, local fire and police officials,
contractors and others to identify, analyze and solve problems and
create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Successfully perform and complete duties that may be assigned
by Digital manager.
- Providing initial on-boarding and training for contracted
security provider's key supervisory staff (e.g. lead site, area
managers) on technology, customer SLAs, site policy and
- Coordinate with guard services provider to ensure consistent
development of, and compliance with, post orders.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview
of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing
a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center
campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of
open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional
service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new
Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services,
carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial
strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where
our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that
become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and
prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value
customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation
strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich
portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe,
Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of
all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information
technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life
sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with
investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package,
excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of
Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Keywords: Digital Realty, Santa Clara , Manager, Real Estate Security, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!