Sr. Manager, Optical Product Reliability
Company: Inphi Corporation
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Inphi is the leader in data movement interconnects between and
inside these data centers. We move big data fast, around the globe,
with high quality and reliability. We offer semiconductor
components and optical subsystems to our networking original
equipment manufacturer (OEM), optical module, cloud and telecom
service provider customers.
We are very focused on our customers success, providing them higher
quality products. We develop innovative products and leading-edge
solutions that help our customers connect hundreds of thousands of
computers servers inside a data center as well as hundreds
thousands of data centers around the globe. We believe that The
Data Center Is the Computer and The Cloud is the Network . At
Inphi, our solutions help our customers make that vision of
tomorrow a reality today.
As a result, our company is growing fast. Inphi has grown from $20M
in communications revenue in 2012 to more than $600+ Million run
rate for 2020. Join us and move fast as a member of our team!
Lead the Design for Quality, Product Qualification and Reliability
effort for Inphi s advanced optical products. Manage the strategy
for reliability screening and any special reliability tests needed
for new product qualification and risk assessment
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Lead interactions with design (optical, electrical and
mechanical), assembly, product and test engineering teams for FMEA
and reliability risk assessment and mitigation for new products
* Own best-in-class reliability targets and derisking/qualification
plans for new optics products
* Lead qualification and reliability screening strategy and
platforms needed for new optics products, including identifying the
reliability stress hardware needed and leveraging commonalities
with existing products
* Manage team of reliability engineers responsible for new product
qualifications for advanced optical products (modules,
sub-assemblies and components).
* Hire new team members as required to support growth of the
* Drive and manage special reliability tests as necessary to
support product reliability risk assessment and component
suitability for new product requirements.
* Drive failure analysis activities as needed for qualification and
* Coordinate and consolidate responses to customer RFIs for Optics
* MS or higher in electrical engineering, optical engineering or
* 15+ years professional experience, including 10+ years experience
in product qualification and reliability of optical components,
sub-assemblies and modules
* 5+ years experience leading or managing teams is required
* Strong working knowledge of semiconductor optical products
(lasers, detectors, modulators, TOSA, ROSA, transceivers),
including III-V (InGaAs, InP) devices, their failure modes and
* Knowledge of mechanical design, manufacturing, and assembly
processes for optics products
* Knowledge of heterogenerous integration and packaging in optics
products is desired
* Expert knowledge of Telcordia GR-468 and various other product
qualification requirements for optical components in
* In-depth knowledge of semiconductor and optical product stress
testing methodology (HTOL, THB/DH, MSV, TC, HTS, ESD etc.),
industrial standards and requirements.
* Experience with product development and NPI processes.
* Experience with reliability data analysis / modeling and
* Must possess excellent communication skills both oral and
* Strong interpersonal as well as planning and organization skills.
Must be highly effective in a matrix management organization
* Periodic travel to office in Southern California and occasional
international travel required.
Inphi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Inphi provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants and employees without regard to race, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information, or any other basis protected under applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Inphi Corporation, Santa Clara , Sr. Manager, Optical Product Reliability, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!