Naming Manager, Global Brand - 33588
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Our CEO, Bill McDermott, highlighted in his Knowledge 2020
keynote that "ServiceNow will be the catalyst to redefine the
enterprise-not as it is today, but as it must be tomorrow." This
opportunity to make the world of work, work better for people is
huge. We're building products and a culture that puts people at the
center of everything we do and seeking candidates who aspire to
join us on the journey. At ServiceNow, we're on a mission to define
an industry and become an iconic brand at a global scale. This is
your chance to impact the branding of one of the fastest growing
tech companies in the world. Reporting directly to our Director of
Brand Strategy, you will play a key role in how our brand is
perceived and experienced. By leading ServiceNow's naming
initiatives, you will help us grow awareness and build strong brand
equity on our path to $10B. In this pivotal role, you will help us
scale our brand to accelerate growth and capture the category. The
top candidate will have expertise managing world-class brands that
are purpose-driven and have a deep understanding of the role Naming
plays in both customer and employee experiences. In this strategic
role, you will lead naming initiatives across the organization -
owning the Naming process from initiation to formal approvals - by
partnering with cross functional stakeholders to establish world
class brand names, architecture and nomenclature. You will have
significant impact on fueling the company's growth as the owner of
Naming. You will help drive scale of the brand by staying connected
to company and product strategy and eloquently evangelize the brand
so that it is properly reflected in Naming. You will be a champion
of change and enjoy leading others. A top candidate has the ability
to see the big picture, but also tirelessly take care of tactical
execution. You will have a passion for taxonomies, information
architecture, nomenclature and linguistics, and have an
understanding of the broader implications Naming has across
experiences in product, digital, search, content strategy, and
customer support. Core Role
- Accelerate growth by championing the ServiceNow brand in Naming
strategy, portfolio architecture and nomenclature in order to build
brand equity and salience.
- Own Naming for the organization by partnering with cross
functional teams and business units to expand, evolve, and govern
ServiceNow's portfolio architecture and nomenclature.
- Manage and optimize the Naming process from initiation to final
approval, applying governance model and tools, to create a
formalized and unified approach to Naming while creating a single
source of truth for all Names.
- Build a deep understanding of our offerings, products,
technologies and programs to create the proper structures,
framework and connections across our portfolio that can scale, be
consistent, and relevant in market to our key audience segments.
- Establish a Naming practice that includes driving the Naming
process for all product family releases and new offerings ensuring
alignment within architecture and nomenclature strategy that can
scale and align to company strategy.
- Communicate, advocate and execute Naming process so that all
employees understand the importance of Naming, what to expect
within the process - owning all tools to support governance and
establishing a Naming Council for reviews and approvals.
- Consult with stakeholders to gain understanding of all
offerings, products, technologies, and programs to create the
proper structures, framework and connections across our portfolio
that can scale, be consistent, and relevant in market to our key
- Review and research competitive landscape, positioning, trends
and technologies that allow ServiceNow to be an innovator and
leader for the future of work.
- Partner with brand creative teams and/or agencies as well as
business stakeholders to strategically and creatively develop best
- Continuously optimize naming processes - including the ability
to evaluate, define requirements, make recommendation for digital
tools that best suit business needs for Naming governance.
- At least 8 years of proven leadership experience in brand
naming, taxonomy and/or copywriting.
- 8 years of experience managing and executing Naming initiatives
that include a deep understanding of product portfolios and
- Strong knowledge of brand strategy and management, taxonomy,
SEO, metadata, content strategy, and copywriting.
- Sound experience in naming best practices, data governance,
process development, and tool development that support Naming
- Solid ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, taxonomy
systems and tools, and project management software to execute daily
- Knowledge of Naming best practices, standards, processes and
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to build
relationships, influence across all levels, drive smart
decision-making, and gain alignment for final decision.
- High energy with the ability to lead meaningful change in an
extremely dynamic environment.
- Able to actively listen and engage across teams to build strong
relationships with a high degree of trust.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, an entrepreneurial spirit,
and a passion for company purpose and brand.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to apply data in
providing solutions and driving strategic business decisions.
- Impeccable organizational skills with keen eye for detail and
appreciation for tools and technology that supports the effort to
organize complex taxonomies.
- Strategic thinker with a creative spark and passion for
- Strong sense of accountability, brand ownership, and ability to
coach down, up and across levels and geographies.
- Ability to present new, innovative ideas that break from the
norm for all the right reasons.
- Team player that enjoys being a collaborative leader and
leading by example.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, self-starter environment.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran
status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application
process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use
this online application process and need an alternative method for
applying, you may contact us at email@example.com
for assistance. You have been redirected to a ServiceNow job
Keywords: Servicenow, Santa Clara , Naming Manager, Global Brand - 33588, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!