Senior Manager Product Development - BMC Digital Workplace
Company: BMC Software, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Basic Information Country: United States State: California City:
Date published: 01-Feb-2021 Job ID: 28988 Travel Amount: up to 10%
Description and Requirements From core to cloud to edge, BMC
delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global
customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in
their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise. BMC
Helix Remedy and Digital Workplace continues to define the state of
the art in IT service management best practices. We have been and
will always embrace the very latest technology to extend the value
of the solution. With Remedy and DWP, you'll be miles ahead in
mobile, social, analytics and cloud computing.-- The DSM team
innovates and adds new capabilities - adding increasing value to
- Built on strong fundamentals of Core Java includes
multithreading, jms, annotations, OSGi, Spring as well as State of
the art Social technologies like Angular JS, Google Closure, XMPP,
- The SaaS offering increases the competitive uptake and brings
the relevant spring in the step--
- Digital Workplace - Perfectly placed for customer experience
revolution-- The DSOM group, BMC Digital Workplace is hiring a
Senior Manager, Product Development. Person should have "Get it
done" and "Do it Right" attitude and should be thriving for the
quality, diligence and thoroughness. The role drives business value
through technical innovation such as simplification, extensibility,
supportability.-- Primary Roles and Responsibilities: Manages
R&D activities for the product.--
- This will include: Development of high quality software within
planned schedule as per company Standards and Guidelines.
- Increase test automation coverage of existing solutions.
- Providing technology leadership to the team as well as
mentoring through daily activities with the team.--
- Collaborates regularly with the Matrix manager to ensure
progress toward product R&D goals.--
- Collaborates regularly with Local Reporting manager to ensure
progress toward broader organizational goals.--
- Identifies and harvests key delivery artifacts/best practices
from the field into R&D product.--
- Encourages creation of Intellectual Property through R&D
- Active contributor in setting the future direction of and
implementing changes to practices and technologies.--
- Recommends modifications or improvements to operating
- Sets the strategic direction of R&D team to achieve long
term goals. Provides guidance to direct reports in achieving
- Independently develops, prioritizes, and assigns project
objectives and responsibilities to individual resources or
- Assumes overall responsibility for projects in designated areas
in terms of functionality, quality, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Recruit high quality engineers (both FTE and CW) and onboard
- Development of technical resources to meet business
- Supports team development through clear expectations setting,
regular technical coaching conversations--
- Ensures staff compliance with established organizational
policies and practices.-- Qualifications Technology:
- Strong experience of web technologies, QA automation,
development practices like scrum, kanban, continuous delivery.
- Sound Exposure to enterprise product architecture design
- Awareness of technology trends like Microservices, Cloud
- Architect or senior technical talent wanting to also manage
people without moving away from technology is preferred.
- 14+ years of experience covering development of enterprise
- Experience in QA automation is an advantage.
- Experience in SaaS is a big plus.
- Experience in solution integration is a plus.
- Experience in multinational software product companies is an
- Experience designing/building interactive systems and with at
least one vertical market preferred.--
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to lead and communicate goals to employees.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong decision-making ability - Ability to lead projects and
adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Global Perspective and conduct
Strategic Planning of work Profile Summary. It is the policy of BMC
Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all
individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin,
physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry,
citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender,
transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic
information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit
harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never
asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the
Keywords: BMC Software, Inc., Santa Clara , Senior Manager Product Development - BMC Digital Workplace, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!