Sr. Program Manager
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Description SummaryJob DescriptionBe part of something
bigger!BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies
in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving
medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have
over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country
around the world to address some of the most challenging global
health issues.The Sr. Program Manager has overall accountability
for the success of critical programs within the Single Cell
Multi-Omics technology and business platform of BD Biosciences.
Specifically, the Sr. Program Manager will lead cross functional
core teams responsible for requirement definition, product design,
development, and commercial launch.Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates program management standard methodologies and
supplies to improving the product development process.
- Leads the team to prepare for Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go
decisions by executive leadership, ensuring that decisions are
informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of
the relevant data.
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition, program scope,
and strategic business objectives.
- Leads program planning process ensuring requirements are clear
and driven by customer need and experience.
- Defines, delegates and evaluates the roles, responsibilities,
goals and results for core and extended team members.
- Independently resolves and pursues courses of action necessary
to obtain desired results.
- Communicates program updates to functional management and
- Defines program resource needs and negotiates program
- Leads key technical design and commercial excellence reviews,
constructively challenging the team and the organization to rethink
assumptions and approach headwinds in new ways.
- Leads cross-functional teams through problem resolution
including root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Analyzes data and complex situations involving evaluation of
tangible variables to programs or collective system of
- Work with functional leaders to ensure the appropriate Core
Team resources are committed to the projects and give to required
- Ensure effective and efficient regular formal and informal
communications with the Core Teams using a variety of tools and
- Lead product development utilizing a multitude of processes
such as BD's Global Product Delivery System, Voice of the
Customer/Business, Project Management, and Agile.
- Lead, direct, coach, and mentor Core Team members to maximize
- Provide substantial and significant feedback to functional
leaders regarding the performance of Core Team members that is
considered in annual performance evaluations.
- Ensure programs stay in sync with company quality management
- Builds high morale and ensure the team commits to goals and
objectives by creating a common purpose and direction.Demonstrates
mastery of the following competency areas:
- Project & Cross-Functional Leadership - possesses the skills,
knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all
functions involved in the development of the assigned product.
- Managerial - ability to lead product development teams
- Optimized Execution and Performance - advances long-term growth
while consistently meeting or exceeding near-term business
- Personal Effectiveness - ability to work efficiently within the
project team and the cross-functional organization.
- Business Excellence - ability to effectively apply business,
financial and commercial knowledge to successfully deliver of the
product development outcomesMinimum Qualifications:Education and
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in molecular
diagnostics and/or genomic, proteomic, or multiomic product
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the delivery of complex
systems and solutions as a program manager.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience of successful
cross-functional project leadership in a matrix organization.
- The preferred candidate will have experience leading across
multiple manufacturing sites and quality management systems.
- Experience in a FDA/ regulated environment beneficial.
- Willingness to do up to 20% (domestic/international) business
travel.Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong people / team leadership skills.
- Experience with structured phase-gate product development and
portfolio management processes.
- Results-oriented, analytical thinking with strong
- Ability to interact with executive leadership, highlight issues
and provide options and solutions for resolution.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and resolve complex issues to
action-based resolution plans.
- Strong project management and meeting management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all
levels of an organization.
- Detailed orientated with the ability to develop a
- Experience in SAP and Product Development systems
- Expertise in Program Management Software for the determination
of complex program timelines and resources.
- Collaborative and partnership focused while driving decisions
and holding individuals and teams accountable.Becton, Dickinson and
Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do
not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.Click
on Apply if this sounds like you!Why join us?A career at BD means
being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions
and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here
our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work
that they do every day.You will learn and work alongside
inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and
committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding
culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive
pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and
life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs
of our diverse and global associates.To learn more about BD visit
https://jobs.bd.com/Employment at BD is contingent upon the
Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD's Workplace
Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be
considered pursuant to applicable law.Becton, Dickinson and Company
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not
unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age,
sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital
or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
protected status.#LI-PROPrimary Work LocationUSA CA - San
JoseAdditional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)Work Shift
Keywords: BD, Santa Clara , Sr. Program Manager, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!