Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 16, 2022
realtor.com -, a leading destination used by millions of
consumers to discover and create their perfect home. We have the
most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings,
the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and
top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of the mobile
Our exciting vision is to transform the real estate industry in
supporting people to 'love where they live'! We offer a
startup-like fast moving culture, coupled with the financial
stability of a billion-dollar company. You will engage with some of
the best and the brightest co workers and leaders, learn and
contribute, and have a great time. We work hard and play hard. We
reward passion for innovation, creativity and quality.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work
environment and desire to make a significant contribution to the
business and to our customers and consumers, then make the
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly
motivated, and self-driven Senior Manager, Software Engineering to
lead one of our software engineering teams. The charter for this
team is crucial to our overall business strategy, and creating a
world class consumer experience that will move home buyers further
along their home buying journey.
The Senior Manager is a key technical influencer and contributor
through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will
be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed
leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on broad
cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading
solutions. You will be a partner in designing and delivering the
best solution for our consumers and customers.
What will you be doing?
- Guide engineering teams to rapidly deliver value to our
consumers and customers through Agile incremental implementation
with high quality
- Build highly scalable experiences and services
- Design and operationalize experiences and services using
advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a
technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity
of the Move products
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and
cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more
- Construct and maintain an environment of integrity, trust, high
quality, and continuous improvement
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around
delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
What will you bring?
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in leading software engineering
teams in a technology company
- A strong results and outcome-driven focus, understanding the
value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on
- Strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them
improve their skills and grow their careers
- Deep understanding of modern web architectures (React,
Angular), popular database technologies (Postgres, MySQL), and
cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Hands-on experience with high-level design and familiarity with
best practices and design patterns
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding
their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and
working in a team environment
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering
or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com -, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their
own. We're a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to
ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new
home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we're there
to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust
us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps,
and we'd love to have you join our team to help.
We've got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet
jobs to choose from, so we're hoping you'll join us on our journey
to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and
more rewarding for everyone.
Let's make a difference, together. For Real.
Keywords: Realtor.com, Santa Clara , Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!