Director of Media and Internal Communications
Company: West Valley Staffing Group
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Looking for an experienced Director of Media and Internal
Communications to support a prestigious university!ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Identify and develop news and feature stories that advance the
university's goals and support the priorities of the University's
- Proactively work with news organizations, determine what is
newsworthy, and effectively pitch and place stories in high value
media, online, print and broadcast.
- Create internal newsletters
- Research, write, and pitch major news and feature stories,
press releases, op-eds, about the university that target and result
in top-tier press coverage.
- Respond promptly to media inquiries and recognize trends in
higher education and in general news and capitalize on
opportunities to be featured in ways that support the strategic
plan and marketing goals.
- Manage and directs the curation of press coverage through the
university in the News via email and the Web. Leverage outside
coverage to build brand awareness among key internal and external
- Devises and implements a news media outreach strategic plan
that increases the impact of the university's teaching, ideas,
research, programs and initiatives.
- Develops communications support tools such as fact sheets,
Q&A documents on tight deadlines
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with
executive staff, key administrators, directors, key faculty,
students, staff and programs to gain an understanding of the
university's strengths and priorities.
- Contribute to communications projects from conception through
- Under supervision, communicate with audiences during crises,
assisting with reputational management before, during and after
such crises. QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience identifying and developing news and feature stories
while proactively working with news organizations.
- Experience in pitching and placing stories with print and
broadcast reporters, producers and editors.
- Experience in conceiving, writing and placing op-eds in
- Demonstrated experience in handling complex communications
challenges, with strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, or a
relevant academic discipline.
- A minimum of 8-10 years' relevant professional experience in
journalism (broadcast preferred), communications, including
media/public relations and crisis communication.
Keywords: West Valley Staffing Group, Santa Clara , Director of Media and Internal Communications, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!