General Manager (Santa Clara, CA)
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Description Position at Tender Greens Our General Managers are
accountable for the overall financial results of the restaurant. -
They manage the daily operations ensuring daily brand standard
operating procedures are upheld within the restaurant. - A
hospitality driven individual, they provide hands-on leadership and
clear direction to team members, managers, and ensure an excellent
guest experience that exceeds expectations. General Managers at
Tender Greens must have a passion for food, strong knowledge of
restaurant operations and finances, ability to demonstrate
leadership behaviors expected of the role, have high standards of
sanitation and safety, and the drive to grow and develop personally
while developing those around them.As a General Manager, you are
responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with
a truly outstanding experience as well as:Leading Team Members
- Fostering a motivating and positive environment that enhances
and builds on the culture.
- Managing team member relations issues by coaching, mentoring
and partnering with People Services as deemed necessary
- Ensuring team members and managers adhere to established
policies and procedures.
- Managing team members' performance including providing regular
performance feedback, development plans or counseling notices as
well as partnering with Human Resources on final termination
requests when necessary.
- Ensuring practices related to Team Members are adhered to
including new hire and payroll documents are completed in a timely
manner, new hire training is completed within expectations,
offboarding procedures completed for terminated team members,
approved pay changes and promotion processes are adhered to and all
other related requirements.
- Ensuring all payroll policies and procedures are followed,
including management of timekeeping for compliance and
- Maintaining accurate staffing levels including overseeing the
selection of new team members, managing applications within the
Applicant Tracking system, scheduling interviews and making final
hiring decisions based on candidates who demonstrate they can meet
the service standards.
- Ensuring regular weekly management meetings and daily shift
meetings are held to communicate company updates regarding
operations, financial results and reporting, employee topics,
training, education related to changes or new processes, product or
- Ensuring all team member injuries are reported at the time of
injury following Tender Greens protocols.
- Ensuring all team member compliance training including but not
limited to safety, PCI, etc. is completed in a timely basis and
safety standards are adhered to. -Financial Management by:
- Continuing to maintain and build sales and achieve or exceed
restaurant goals according to budget.
- Maintaining budget and optimizing expenses by managing
restaurants operating costs to budget through proper ordering,
scheduling, portion/waste control, and using the P&L on a
weekly/monthly basis to track and manage costs.
- Managing operations budget and financial expectations including
reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions to
- Managing payroll budget expenditures by creating team member
schedules that meet labor expectations and service standards
through the scheduling template.
- Managing Food, Beverage and Controllable expenses through
proper ordering of Packaging, Meat, Produce, Drinks, Wine & Beer,
Uniforms, Gift Cards, Smallwares, China, Equipment etc.
- Ensuring expense reports are submitted per policy.
- Ensuring the submission and approval of all invoices in Plate
IQ, and general ledgerExecuting Operational Excellency by:
- Creating an environment that is focused on an exceptional guest
- Ensuring hospitality service standards are upheld including
resolving any guest complaints in a favorable manner.
- Following proper sanitation and cleanliness procedures in the
restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Tender Greens
- Overseeing the opening and closing procedures of the
- Ensuring timely follow up and training following all
- Overseeing the management and execution of catering orders and
reviewing upcoming orders daily.
- Ensuring that Point of Sale System (Aloha & Olo) functions are
being conducted according to policy such as comps & void,
re-opening/ reprinting checks, conducting same day refunds, and
doing a system refresh.
- Enforcing safety procedures to maintain a safe environment for
- Managing the established injury reporting protocol according to
company guidelines by ensuring guest injuries are reported in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the facility is up to brand
standard to promote optimal guest and team member experience.
- Ensuring new changes to policies are executed to standard.
- Performing other related duties as neededQualification
Requirements for this position are:
- Bachelors/ Associates Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant
Management, or Culinary or equivalent education and work
experience; preferably in a high-volume fast paced restaurant
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a General
Manager; preferably in a fast-paced full-service restaurant
- Proven ability to hire, train and develop team members.
- Capable of driving sales and guest service initiatives by
motivating and leading team members.
- Passion for the restaurant industry with a commitment to
- Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness,
sanitation, food quality and guest satisfaction
- Ability to understand and analyze financial profit and loss
statements, food cost, inventory needs and labor planning.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Doc
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a positive and
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant
- Ongoing current Food Safety Manager certification Physical,
cognitive, social, and environmental requirements include:
- Must be able to lift items through full range weighing up to 50
lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Repetitive forward bend of head/neck
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping/twisting/reaching required
- Some repetitive motion and force required
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time (not all at
- Must be able to work in a stationary, seated position as needed
(not all at one time)
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
- Sight, speech and hearing necessary to communicate with Team
Members, Vendors and Guest
- Sight and good sensation are necessary to prevent burning
oneself while in the kitchen areas
- Hours: Will vary, must be available to occasionally work nights
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: tendergreens, Santa Clara , General Manager (Santa Clara, CA), Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!