Nurse Manager, Cardiac Telemetry
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Sign-on Bonus Eligible Position!
Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services.
Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective
care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum,
which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops
and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible
for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at
multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the
highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing
Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service
standards to meet members and internal clients
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human
and material resources. Monitors financial performance and
identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve
quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain
the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff
development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and
department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and
procedures which support the organizations goals and business
objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of
practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum four (4) years of clinical nursing experience related
to clinical area of specialization as required by department,
including four (4) years of management, supervisory or leadership*
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Bachelors Degree in
Nursing, or Masters Degree in Nursing earned through a direct entry
MSN program.License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
Leadership Experience will be permissible for Kaiser Permanente
internal applicants only and is defined by the following criteria:
demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a Charge/Senior RN,
participation on professional committees inclusive of UBTs,
National Certification in Specialty, demonstrated completion of RN
Leadership Development Program and/or demonstrated experiential
exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and
other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- ACLS or PALS certification may be required for positions in
- National Certification preferred within 1 year of hire
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Two (2) years of management experience preferred
- One (1) year of Magnet/shared governance experience
- One (1) year of managing in a bargaining environment
- Masters degree preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon - Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 04:30 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Santa Clara Homestead Hospital - Nurse Admin-Adult
Svcs Mgmt - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara , Nurse Manager, Cardiac Telemetry, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!