Senior Global Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager
Company: Palo Alto Networks
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company DescriptionOur MissionAt Palo Alto Networks everything
starts and ends with our mission: We have the vision of a world
where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These
aren t easy goals to accomplish but we re not here for easy. We re
here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of
challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we re
looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future
of cybersecurity as we are. We re changing the nature of work. Palo
Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now
and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work.
From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we ve rethought
and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto
Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee
based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push
boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
- Lead the charge to identify systemic Environmental, Health &
Safety (EHS) gaps, develop corrective measures and implement
solutions to sustain compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety
law. Leverage lessons learned and develop continuous improvement
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and
technical guidance to business management and support functions to
effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS
- Act as the subject matter expert on all EHS matters, and
globally advise business units to ensure compliance with local
- Act as a business enabler, with a service first mindset to keep
all employees and visitors safe.
- Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws,
regulations, regulatory policy, and industry practices, determine
operational and business impacts and develop policy, training
material, and processes to effectively manage applicable or
- Develop policies and supporting documentation for the Global
Environmental, Health, and Safety Program.
- Use data, metrics and qualitative feedback to make sound
strategic decisions and show Return on Investment (ROI).
- Using a risk-based approach, scale support Globally through a
combination of standards and awareness and regionalized support
- Lead the charge on compliance calendaring (i.e. training,
certifications, required registrations, etc.).
- Manage the ergonomics program and ensure scalable support for
- Manage the Emergency Response Team Program. Ensure its
execution and training is globally scalable and in alignment with
Global Safety and Security standards.
- Collect, measure and analyze company-wide, regional and site
EHS training metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
performance, to discover trends for continuous improvement or
corrective measures. Perform management reviews and report on EHS
training performance and tactical and strategic improvement
- Partner and collaborate with the business and support
functions, to influence and manage EHS resources and projects and
EHS training decisions.
- Develop and implement company-wide employee safety and injury
prevention training programs.
- Design, develop, author, and manage company EHS policies,
standards, programs and processes to ensure global and regional
compliance with applicable local, regional, national and federal
EHS regulations, directives and standards; and mitigate, prevent or
control EHS risks arising from operations or the business.
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of global auditing of
EHS compliance, company EHS policy and standards
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure
that the company has a well-designed, implemented and scalable
approach to EHS compliance management.
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program
as it scales, while also continuously innovating.
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience and -10-12+
years of experience in the safety & security industry.
- -5-8+ years of experience in EHS programs, operations or safety
functions at multinational companies.
- 3+ years experience of applied international EHS compliance
management, including regulatory and permitting in North America,
South America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific regulatory jurisdictions.
- -5+ years experience managing global EHS policies, standards,
programs, and/or procedures.
- Possess a detailed understanding of global and EHS legal
requirements (i.e. Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and
Administrative Policies) and provide regulatory knowledge,
technical expertise, best practices and EHS management
- Possess tactical and strategic regulatory leadership and
direction as well as work well with limited supervision while being
responsible for project management, compliance assurance, risk
mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple and technically
complex assignments concurrently. Organized, analytical,
detail-oriented, problem-solver, project management skills and
focus on results.
- Experience effectively leading and motivating cross-functional
teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing goals and implementing strategies based
on broader organization goals.
- Understand and advise the company as it relates to matters of
compliance, efficiency and industry standards.
- Thorough understanding of relevant products and vendors.
- Ability to set, manage, and deliver within a reasonable budget,
as well as the ability to make decisions and trade-offs based on
holistic financial metrics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage
numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.Travel
Requirements: -20-30% travel, likely mostly domestic travel, with
occasional International travel.Position Location: This position
reports into our Santa Clara, CA headquarters.Additional
Information The TeamYou have a passion for solving problems, our
organization has a passion for Safety and Security. You re looking
for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions
for talented customer service team members ready for a challenge in
building relationships with internal and external partners. Our
Safety and Security department deals with ensuring the safety of
all PANW employees and guests while also ensuring we do our part to
help facilitate business needs. The ideal candidate has exceptional
skills in customer service and has an exceptional ability in
finding an answer to a problem without saying No to our customers.
If you re seeking a new challenge with a world-wide impact and
world class team this is it. Our CommitmentWe re trailblazers that
dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity s status quo. It
s simple: we can t accomplish our mission without diverse teams
innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to
inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page
and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition,
national origin, physical or mental disability, political
affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If
you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or
special need, please contact us at .All your information will be
kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Covid-19 Vaccination
Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be
vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer
has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this
particular position based on your location or job requirements,
please inquire with the recruiter.
Keywords: Palo Alto Networks, Santa Clara , Senior Global Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!