Customer Success Manager- Network Security
Company: Palo Alto Networks
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At Palo Alto Networks - everything starts and ends with our
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital
way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more
secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish -
but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a
company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the
way things are done, and we're looking for innovators who are as
committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Network Security Customer Success Overview
Palo Alto Networks Customer Success (CS) team partners with
organizations to help guide them through their journey in
protecting their businesses and driving the technical outcomes that
mean the most to our customers. Our Customer Success managers and
engineers are our customers' advocates, product experts, and
strategic advisors that help them operate and grow their businesses
securely. At Palo Alto Networks, we take a proactive method to
ensure customers achieve their required outcomes with a product or
a service, by providing tailored guidance and support to
organizations as they embark on their journey. Our customer success
teams are guiding the customer during the product life cycle to
increase license and feature adoption and to gain maximum value
from their investment.
Our Network Security team focuses on delivering support and
services across our Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), Secure Access
Service Edge (SASE), and Cloud-Delivered Security Services (CDSS)
As a Network Security Customer Success Manager, you are a critical
part of our customers' adoption of security integrations. You act
as their day-to-day contact for products in the Network Security
portfolio, establishing relationships with them in order to
understand security and business priorities, provide guidance, and
share operational best practices for their secure environments.
You'll manage our customers' services experience to ensure Palo
Alto Networks is exceeding their expectations. You'll guide for
quick and consistent adoption, accelerated integrations with new
cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You
have in-depth knowledge of indicators of success, leveraging data
and your analytical aptitudes to guide changes, updates, and
In this role, you will work closely with CISOs, security
architects, security engineers, and development operations teams
within mid-to-large enterprises and alongside the internal account
team, confidently presenting implementation plans to all ranges of
- Lead client's product onboarding experience, adoption, and
expansion across a range of relationships
- Be the customers' guide through the entire post-sales journey,
and advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements.
- Develop a strong partnership with and become a trusted advisor
to customer stakeholders, channel partners, and executive sponsors
to drive product adoption - consult them on when to consider
expanding their platform, adopt new features, how to reduce time to
value, upgrade software and/or hardware, and when to engage
additional Palo Alto Networks services.
- Advise the customer on their platform adoption, their
deployment of best practices using tools such as the Best Practice
Assessment and partnering with Professional Services and Enablement
on delivering on some of the services like security optimization
and identifying training opportunities for their teams.
- Coach customers on how to establish and implement their Network
Security change management, governance, the center of excellence
- Identify and escalate risks and issues to the customer and
Support team to achieve client success.
- Gain a deep understanding of typical business challenges faced
by our customers in order to appropriately map features in their
security environments, as well as provide proactive information,
guidance, and support.
- Identify risks to customers' subscription and service renewals
on an ongoing basis and collaborate with internal teams to
remediate client concerns and ensure renewal readiness.
- Establish relationships with customer executive sponsors,
speaking on a frequent cadence to strengthen relationships while
uncovering new service and product opportunities for the account
- Monitor key performance metrics like customer satisfaction,
renewal rate, product upsell/cross-sell identification,
reference-ability, renewal likelihood, adoption, consumption, and
customer engagement - leverage these key metrics to build a
strategic plan to address negative changes in the metrics.
- Proactively engage Customer Support and Engineering to monitor
and resolve complex technical issues.
- Deliver Executive Business Reviews (Quarterly Services Review)
with the support and involvement of the Account Team.
- Internal collaboration with other services teams.
- Pre-sales, account management, customer success, consulting or
similar roles related to driving customer success and adoption,
along with client facing sales/services experience
- Experience working with Cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services,
Google Cloud Platform, Azure) or in cybersecurity
- Experience in or ability to work with technical support and/or
professional services within the high-tech industry
- Experience with a SaaS solutions company and/or an enterprise
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with proven
results working as a reliable advisor to drive business value for
customers. Preferably holds Project Management or Service Delivery
qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, and ITIL.
- Highly data-driven with a dedication to following the process,
ability to prioritize work within a demanding environment, and
consistently delivering results.
- Ability to identify key customer stakeholders to engage and
build relationships without direct supervision.
- Ability to influence teams across the organization to achieve
desired customer outcomes.
- Passionate about driving and tracking a consistent engagement
process with all supported customers.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment to
address emerging security risks and challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as
the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both
technical and non-technical audiences and to explain the impact in
- Preferred Knowledge of Networking
- Knowledge of CyberSecurity Network Security is preferred
- Knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by enterprise
- Positive, growth-oriented mindset
- Thrives in a matrixed, team environment anchored by our values
of Collaboration, Disruption, Execution, Inclusion, and
Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission.
As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing
support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our
dedication to our customers doesn't stop once they sign - it
evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to
accomplish our mission.
You'll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from
old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues
as they are raised - in fact, you'll seek them out to ensure our
clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical
problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer
support in the industry.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge
cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our
mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all
qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance
or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please
contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition,
national origin, physical or mental disability, political
affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be
vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer
has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this
particular position based on your location or job requirements,
please inquire with the recruiter.
Keywords: Palo Alto Networks, Santa Clara , Customer Success Manager- Network Security, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!