Communications Director, Alianza Americas
Company: Immigratin Advocatres Network
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Alianza Americas is a 16 year old network of migrant-led
organizations working in the United States and transnationally to
create an inclusive, equitable and sustainable way of life for
communities across North, Central and South America. Alianza
Americas is the only transnational organization rooted in Latino
immigrant communities in the United States focused on improving the
quality of life of all people in the US-Mexico-Central America
migration corridor. Our work brings an important perspective to all
areas related to quality of life - economic, racial and social
justice, humane migration policies and protection for children and
families seeking refuge.
Position: The Director of Communications is a new, senior-level,
integrated team member responsible for managing, connecting, and
expanding communications, brand, and digital organizing. As part of
a professional, transnational team, the Communications Director
will develop communications strategies, produce compelling and
timely content, analysis, and updates about Alianza Americas' work,
including the Presente.org project, and position this information
in news media in the United States, on social media channels, and
organizational websites. Primary responsibilities will include:
content strategy and management, media relations, staff supervision
and skills training, and project management. The Communications
Director will also assist with other communications and
administrative functions, including writing and editing, staff
supervision and collaboration with staff based in the U.S. and in
El Salvador, as well managing consultants and services related to
media and communications goals and objectives.
- Collaboratively develop an integrated, yearly communications
plan that advances Alianza Americas' work and mission. Set yearly
goals for communications outcomes.
- Create and implement a narrative strategy that widens and
realizes opportunities and victories for our campaign work to
deliver on our mission.
- Manage communications staff and contractors and specialists as
- Cultivate relationships with members of the media and position
Alianza staff and key members as "go to experts" for article
publications and speaking engagements. Steward the Alianza and
Presente brands, monitor and regularly assess our reputational
strength and areas of improvement with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate production of compelling and timely content in
collaboration with program staff, to highlight the actions and
impacts Alianza Americas, and its members. This includes sending
media advisories/releases to media targets.
- Coordinate production of compelling and timely social media
content, including managing staff to draft and schedule social
media posts, and explore synergies with other digital media
platforms. Produce (and/or manage production of) digital content,
including videos, GIFs, and other multimedia content.
- Draft and edit content for press releases. Supervise production
of e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Pitch stories, op-eds and spokespersons to the media with a
focus on U.S., English-language media. This includes coordinating
list-building, tracking and interview scheduling and
- Coordinate development and maintenance of story banks, using
board, staff, and member spokespersons for priority issues.
- Coordinate tracking of media mentions as well as developing
lists of relevant media - focus on US and Mexico, but collaborate
with Central America staff for El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala.
- 5-7 years of related professional experience demonstrating
increasing responsibility and supervisory experience.
- Experience in managing digital communications on a variety of
channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Impeccable and effective writing, editing, and verbal
communication skills, with great attention to detail.
- Experience supervising multiple staff members and
- Knowledge about political and cultural issues impacting the
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to
multitask and interact with a diverse
- group of immigrant leaders, partners, and allies.
- Commitment to social justice and sensitivity to the challenges
of Latinx immigrant communities in the United States and
transnational communities across the Americas.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to carry out
complex projects, collaborate with
- colleagues virtually and in person, and meet deadlines, with
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) both writing and speaking. How to
Apply: Please send a resume or cv, salary requirements, and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently hiring for
several positions, so please put "Communications Director" in the
subject heading of the email. Questions may also be sent to this
email. We will try to respond to questions within 48 hours.
Keywords: Immigratin Advocatres Network, Santa Clara , Communications Director, Alianza Americas, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!