Global Account Manager (GAM) - Santa Clara, CA
Company: Cogent Communications
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1
facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five
networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock
Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in
providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet
transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP
network backbone provides IP services in over 217 markets globally.
Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP
technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP
networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large
bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also
offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end
control of service delivery and network monitoring. A generous base
salary, structured tenure pay increases and an uncapped commissions
plan offers you an unlimited earnings potential. A full benefits
package takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k
and stock options are also included. Responsibilities:
- Hunting to identify new business opportunities within a global
sales territory and target market segments of IP Transit, Content
creators/hosters, Carriers/wholesalers and Netcentric
- Through direct calling, email and contact efforts you will
identify, qualify, and generate these new business opportunities by
working directly with Key Decision Makers.
- Compliment prospecting and selling efforts through onsite
customer meetings as needed.
- Use consultative and relationship building selling techniques
to identify current and future connectivity solutions.
- Help Cogent customers and prospects by positioning our services
for new business by leveraging the global network footprint that
includes commercial and retail buildings, carrier neutral hotels,
data centers and colocation facilities. Qualifications:
- 3-8+ years of solid, B2B sales experience in a telecom arena
with collocation, wholesale experience and data transit and
- Proven experience with a track record of success in a direct
hunting, B2B sales role and quota achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify and generate new
business through extensive prospecting and research.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft
Office and a CRM are a plus
- A college degree is preferred
- To best support your success, this is an in-office position
five days a week, allowing for focused mentorship, training and
personal coaching. COVID-19 Policy:
- Cogent has adopted a mandatory vaccination and booster policy
which requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated (including
booster shots when eligible) against COVID-19. Prior to beginning
employment, new employees must provide proof of vaccination or
apply for and receive an accommodation to be exempt from the
policy.By submitting an application or resume for this position, I
understand that is an in-office position and agree to abide
Cogent's mandatory vaccination policy.To apply for the Global
Account Manager position, please submit your resume and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .Cogent Communications is an Equal
Keywords: Cogent Communications, Santa Clara , Global Account Manager (GAM) - Santa Clara, CA, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!