Director, Facilities Operations I
Company: Quality Technology Services, LLC
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Learn what makes QTS a unique place to grow your career!
(https://vimeo.com/727409140/ff26de87d4)QTS Data Centers is seeking
a Facilities S ite Director (Data Center Facilities) to work from
our Santa Clara, CA or S acramento, CA data center campus. Quality
Technology Services (QTS) is a leading provider of data center
solutions across a diverse footprint spanning more than 7 million
square feet of QTS Mega Data Centers throughout North America and
Europe. This role will have leadership responsibility for both
California sites.Click to learn more: Why join QTS Core
you make the decision to join QTS, you are choosing to work
alongside talented professionals that have one thing in common, the
passion to provide an excellent customer experience. Your talents
and innovation will be supported by Servant Leadership.The
Facilities S ite Director will be charged with providing the
leadership, tactical execution and business acumen necessary to
support the diverse site needs.This leader will have P&L
responsibility and accountability for their assigned site as well
as own and implement the strategy and associated programs necessary
to improve the P&L. They must have a strong command of every
program and item contributing to profits or expenses. They will be
responsible for communicating to the site team the status and
outlook for the P&L and ensuring alignment of site team
organization necessary to achieve P&L goals. The leader is
expected to source new ideas from site team organization and to
leverage external parties, suppliers, advisers or consultants to
improve profitability.RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be
- Manage the site team, develop capabilities, and set policies
necessary to satisfy customers, engage employees, and achieve
- Implement operating standards required for cost control, waste
reduction, quality, safety, and to be an environmentally-friendly
- Manage expenditures, staffing, and capital projects to ensure
compliance with financial goals. Oversee site operations and
capital expense budgets to ensure compliance with organizational
- Provide leadership in conjunction with local managers (DCO,
FAC, Security) and remote line of business owners to ensure
operational standards are achieved.
- Manage operations, space planning, power and cooling services,
equipment installations, physical security, maintenance, janitorial
services, landscaping, business continuity/disaster recovery for
site(s). Confer with professional staff (COE) to find resolution to
operational problems, authorize operational procedures and approve
all operating expenditures.
- Understand federal, state and local operating regulations or
laws. Establish, implement, and maintain facilities policies,
procedures and organizational structures necessary to maintain
compliance with all laws and regulations. Obtain and keep current
all necessary licenses, permits and certifications as
- Drive innovation into facilities programs/systems with an
environmentally conscious attitude.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers. Develop and coordinate
maintenance agreements, maintenance procedures, testing procedures,
inspections, reporting, and utilize best accounting practices.
- Supervise the preparation of and implementation of effective
- Serve asa leader in the community. Participate in community
activities and organizations as appropriate through the maintenance
of professional association affiliations and participation within
- Maintain positive relationships and communication with staff
and executive level management.
- Ensure proper training and growth of staff.
- Participate on acquisition teams (when needed) to assess and
integrate new facilities when required.
- Interface and work with Sales team on new customer planning,
changes and implementation.
- Work with other COE Managers to set standards and to constantly
look for ways to improve.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Engineering,
Architecture, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent professional
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Ten or more years of experience in data center operations
management, facilities management, corporate engineering, or other
- Five or more years of experience leading cross-organizational
teams, ideally operating in a critical-facility
environment.KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strategic agility and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to build and lead teams and to work well in a
collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Keen planning skills along with the ability to lead through
influence and to be a proactive partner with a strong
- Problem solver at a tactical and functional level, possess
excellent oral and written communication skills, a solid work ethic
and unquestioned integrity.#LI-TS1We conform to all the laws,
statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities
and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our
job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability
status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth
any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the
government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in
the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.The EEO
is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:EEO is the
;EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
.The pay transparency policy is available here:Pay Transparency
is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information.
Keywords: Quality Technology Services, LLC, Santa Clara , Director, Facilities Operations I, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!