Fabrication Operations Manager - Santa Clara
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Fabrication Operations Manager - Santa Clara Thursday, October
13, 2022 Fabrication Operations Manager
What part will you play? Lead the Facility in operational execution
with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm,
striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Be a creative and
proactive member of the management team, focused on continuous
improvement. Provide exceptional support to customers, team
members, and shareholders. What will you be doing?
- Provides management and oversight of the personnel and
operations for a Diversified Fabrication facility.
- Resolve imbalances between fabrication/project schedules and
required resources and achieve optimal stock levels, delivery
capability, and consistent utilization of production capacity.
- Interface with cross functional teams on schedule changes,
parts shortages, quality issues, and logistics issues.
- Identify cost drivers within supply chain processes, and
initiate cost-saving measures.
- Work with team to prepare timely forecasts for the facility.
Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for
trend assessment and analysis.
- Responsible for scheduling weekly fabrication resources for
- Responsible for engaging with outside agencies and contractors
- Responsible for engaging with Field Op's team on resource
- Responsible for adhering to and enforcing universal company
fabrication standards. WHSQ (Work, Health, Safety, & Quality)
- Maintain and wear appropriate PPE as the job and tasks require
- Report Incidents within 24 hours regardless of severity
- Ensure hazards are addressed and rectified in a timely
- Promote and engage in Safety Culture within organization.
- Comply with ISO standards as required.
- Responsible for shop safety checklists Complexity:
- The Fabrication Operations Manager coordinates with members of
PMO, Engineering, Procurement, Vendor Administration, Warehouse
Operations, Project Operations and other Diversified Business Units
to ensure the timely and comprehensive completion of technology
solution fabrication and configuration. He/She must work in a
collaborative manner to resolve challenges and partner to drive
continuous improvement in the overall delivery lifecycle.
- Fulfillment Operations takes inputs from Project Management and
Engineering in the form of project scope, bills of material, design
drawings and equipment configuration specifications.
- Fulfillment Operations partners closely with Warehouse
Operations to track availability of project items, deployment of
items from warehouse to fabrication (through Pick Requests) and
shipping of completed/kitted solutions to client or external
- Fulfillment Operations performs Shop Testing and Quality
Control checks of fabricated solutions to ensure complete and
functioning technology solutions to the Project Operations team.
Decision Making Authority: Authority for Fabrication staffing
decisions based on approved budgets and in collaboration with the
Regional Director of Fulfillment Operations. Authority for Resource
Assignment of tasks and work within the Fabrication facility.
Responsible for joint P&L ownership of the facility.
Responsible for forecasting and executing labor requirements based
on project needs. Physical Working Environment: Fabrication shops
are by their nature physically intensive environments. The
Fabrication Operations Manager is responsible to ensure a safe and
clean working environment by establishing and governing the
appropriate safety and hygiene standards. Common hazards include
high voltage, machine tools, the transport of heavy equipment and
populated data/technology racks. The Manager must be regularly
present at the fabrication location to ensure and affirm the safe
and efficient running of the operation. What do we require from
you? Education/Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or
in Supply Chain Management / Logistics or equivalent educational
background preferred. 5-10 years of rack and media technology
solution fabrication experience required. Required/Desired
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong and convincing executive communication skills
- 5+ years' experience as a direct people leader
- Skillful on MS office tools, familiar with Power BI, experience
with advanced data analysis
- Excellent demonstrated problem-solving skills and critical
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personality: self-starter, highly motivated, process-focused,
flexible and able to effectively achieve results in a largely
autonomous work environment
- Ability to establish and drive procedures
- High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High level of flexibility, self-reliance, and
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Detail oriented
- General CTS certification preferred. To learn more about
becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at
http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all
aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual
qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age,
disability or genetic information, or any other applicable
characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We
celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to
apply for available positions.Individuals needing assistance or an
accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may
contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., Santa Clara , Fabrication Operations Manager - Santa Clara, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!