Senior Audio-Visual Project Manager - Santa Clara, CA
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Senior Audio-Visual Project Manager - Santa Clara, CA Thursday,
November 17, 2022 Senior Project Manager
What part will you play?
A Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the scope,
schedule, cost, quality, and client satisfaction of a project
throughout its entire lifecycle, from Initiating through Closing
phases. However, the PM depends on the help of other people to
perform most of the actual activities of the project. A project
managers role is primarily focused around written and verbal
communication to all project stakeholders.
The PM is responsible for overseeing, and performing project
management functions on all AVE projects, budgets and scopes. The
PM will act as the responsible person on their assigned projects
and have direct control over all project activities. The Senior
Project Manager will also mentor other Project Managers with the
company. The SPM will be assigned the largest, most complex and
sensitive projects. This position will be providing direction to a
wide range of internal and external personnel.
What will you be doing?
Daily activities include project communications, scheduling, task
lists for technicians, managing deliverables from engineering, CAD
and Programming and overseeing the completion of projects. The PM
is responsible for completing systems integration projects on time,
on budget and achieving high customer satisfaction from our
customers. The majority of this employee's time will be spent
managing projects and communicating with all project stakeholders.
This person will be held accountable for following and helping to
improve the established Diversified processes.As the primary
interface to the client, the project manager develops a strong
long-term relationship. Managing the client relationship, including
expectations, communications and satisfaction.
Coordinates and communicates:
- Provides clear leadership and ownership for the project within
Diversified, including accurate and timely verbal and written
communication and follow up.
- Coordinates all activities associated with the timely, accurate
and on-budget completion of the project, including engaging
stakeholders, delegating responsibilities clearly and running
client and internal project meetings.
- Provides support and assistance to team members as needed in
order help them be successful and get the job done.
- Ensures appropriate and frequent communication between
- Resolved destructive conflict.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams with regard to AVE
- Assumes ownership of individual projects and assignments
- Establishes and maintains communication with Account
Executives, Directors, installation technicians, subcontractors,
- May be required to regularly lead a team on large
- Develops and communicates project updates as required.
- Provides constant monitoring of labor, equipment and materials
- Provides and/or directs technical and administrative support to
project team members. Develops and maintains all related project
- Performs field verification of prospective work site. Documents
all issues with site and keeps everyone informed of potential
issues and solutions.
- Coordinates all drawings and documentation between all internal
and external stakeholders. Facilitates and directs designreviews to
assure proper documentation in the field. Coordinates all system
programming and final checkout of systems. Provides punch-list of
remaining tasks after substantial completion.
- Contracts with contractors and other trades when
- Monitors status of projects including cost, timing and staffing
to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Ensures quality and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates training & turnover of projects to client, service
department, & sales. Complexity:
Every project is different, and project stakeholders are different.
The PM needs to negotiate a very complex set of variables between
system design, site conditions and a widely varying set of
expectations with multiple stakeholders. The skill of communicating
both verbally and in writing to manage all these variables takes a
very high level of awareness, emotional intelligence and people
management skills. The PM is constantly managing the forces of
change in every project environment. Balancing schedules, budgets,
scope, quality and client satisfaction are a very complex set of
Decision Making Authority:
- Takes full ownership of project
- Acts as the single point of responsibility and accountability
for the project.
- Ensures schedule performance, quality of solution delivered to
client, and client satisfaction.
- Manages and reports on the project's financials, including
ensuring budget performance and profitability. Ensures timely and
correct billings to client.
- Demonstrates proactivity, responsiveness, and follow
- Communicates decision options to stakeholders and manages those
- Manages a complex array of decisions at every point of the
project but is rarely the sole decision maker. Physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that may be met by an employee. The employee may be exposed to
construction site conditions on a regular basis. Employee will be
responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with
all safety regulations in place by the GC. Use of PPE is usually
required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least
40% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around
the construction site. The employee must have the ability to
occasionally climb ladders, use stairs and lift and/or move
materials up to 20 pounds in construction areas. The individual is
regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls
required for SI installation projects. Specific vision abilities
required for this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision and depth vision. When not on construction sites,
the employee will experience normal office conditions and be
required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals,
Frequent travel by car and occasional airplane trips are required.
Employee must possess a valid driver's license in their state of
residence. Employee will be required to use their own vehicle and
will be reimbursed for mileage at the current corporate rate. Local
travel to job sites (within a 2-hour driving distance each way)
will make up 70-90% usually but remote travel can be up to 30% of
the job at times. 10% remote travel is required on a regular
- Maintain and wear appropriate PPE as the job and tasks require
- Ensure hazards are addressed and rectified in a timely
- Participate in incident investigations and reporting.
- Conduct safety walk-throughs on project sites.
- Prepare safety paperwork as needed including but not limited to
JSA, and Site safety Plans. What do we require from you?
- Associates/Bachelor's degree required and/or equivalent
- A PMP certification from the Project Management Institute.
AVIXA CTS certification
- Other relevant certifications may be required or preferred
based on the technology focus of the position.Required/Desired
Knowledge, Experience and Skills: A minimum of 8 years of
experience as a project manager in commercial construction trades
and settings is required. Deep knowledge and experience with
audio/video systems. Knowledgeable of low voltage electrical
projects. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Supervisory and people skills. The Project Manager shall have the
ability and skills to diagnose and resolve complex technical,
political and people related problems. Great people leadership
skills are required. Strong financial background in project cost
accounting is required.
A project manager typically has these base skills:
- Has a high level of both written and verbal communication
- Focused on clients and able to understand how they can use
technology from Diversified to meet their business needs.
- Approachable; works well on teams. Is a natural leader
- Delegates effectively.
- Good at setting and managing people's expectations.
- Personally organized, manages time well, and sets clear
priorities. Sets an example for preparation, punctuality, and
- Excellent at planning.
- Forecasts and manages risks.
- Problem solver who can remain effective in tense situations. To
learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at
http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all
aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual
qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age,
disability or genetic information, or any other applicable
characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We
celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to
apply for available positions.Individuals needing assistance or an
accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may
contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., Santa Clara , Senior Audio-Visual Project Manager - Santa Clara, CA, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!