Company: HITT Contracting
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Vice PresidentThe Vice President (VP) is responsible for leading
and managing multiple project teams consisting of Assistant Project
Managers, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and
Superintendents to deliver exceptional results for our clients. The
Vice President is an executive level position, and is expected to
identify, propose, manage, and close construction projects that
generate profits for the HITT Contracting. In his/her executive
capacity, the ideal candidate should attend executive meetings,
travel to the DC Metro area where HITT Contracting is based, and be
an active, effective contributor. Responsibilities
- This position directly supervises operations roles such as
Assistant Project Managers, Project Managers, Senior Project
Managers and Superintendents.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the office, and any
customers associated with the regional location.
- Full life cycle business operations to include: subcontractor
negotiations, procurement, business development and strategy.
- This position reports to an Executive Vice President.
- This position has owner contract signature authority in
accordance with policy.
- This position is expected to manage and support the project
team in pursuit of work, contract execution and financial
- Vice Presidents will provide guidance in the hiring process and
termination of team members.
- LEADERSHIP - carries oneself as the leader and knowledge holder
of the project/projects.
- Decision-making - facilitates the decision-making process.
- Positive attitude & Passion - exhibits a can-do, positive
attitude and passion for construction and our industry.
- Self-motivated and proactive - takes initiative and seeks
- Self-development - seeks continuous improvement of knowledge
- Quality - has ability to recognize quality and implements
company's and contractual quality standards.
- Flexibility - is flexible with the ever-changing world of
technology, design, means and methods and can "roll with the
punches" the construction world produces.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - is able to work collaboratively
with people of various backgrounds and styles.
- Customer service-oriented and is committed to going above the
"normal" call of duty.
- Coaches, trains and educates junior operations staff
- Client Relationships - able to sustain existing client
relationships and develop new client relationships.
- Time Management - understands and knows what tasks are more
important than others and what needs to be solved immediately and
what can wait; helps others prioritize.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and
- Four-year degree from an accredited university preferred.
Construction, architecture, engineering or business concentration
- At least ten years of experience at a commercial construction
general contractor or in a related position.
- Ideal candidate would have proven success in organizing,
managing and operating a general contracting sector, division or
- Able to develop existing and new clients, and increase work
acquisition and revenue stream.
- Manage sector team or Project Managers and Associate Project
Managers, and develop talent for the next level.
- Leadership skills above the norm, strong character, individual
- Ability to produce detailed estimates, budgets, and proposals;
technical writing skills desired.
- Skilled in Business Development, marketing knowledge, and the
- Manage entrepreneurial construction process from onset to close
out, including Sub/ Vendor and In-house personnel.
- Has a proven track record of successful project completions,
high client satisfaction and solid profit earnings.
- Must have software proficiency in the following preferred
- Microsoft Office suite (ex. Excel, Word, Outlook, Dynamics,
- JD Edwards
- Scheduling (ex. MS Project, SureTrak, Primavera 6, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
tailor style to the audience as appropriate.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Strong financial experience in reviewing budgets, estimates for
analysis and accuracy.Responsible for cost management.
- Risk Management - is proactive in identifying and mitigating
contract and project risks.
- Negotiation - must be an excellent negotiator and at the same
time being a team builder.
- Policies and procedures - is knowledgeable of and enforces
company's policies and procedures.
- Must have strong network of industry professionals including
brokers, construction managers, architects, property managers,
engineers, and subcontractors.HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed
to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing
opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to
race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity
and any other protected status in accordance with applicable
law.Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and
LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.HITT Contracting, Inc.
promotes a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: HITT Contracting, Santa Clara , Vice President, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!