IT Product Manager - Tender, Proposal & Quote Management (m/f/d)
Company: Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: March 17, 2023
As an Informatics Product Manager you will be accountable for product(s) vision, strategy, roadmap and end-to-end product lifecycle. You will promote a strong focus on IT Product Management including networked, agile ways of working and role model business partnering closely collaborating with stakeholders, Domain Leads and Product Line Leads to shape the digital strategy, roadmaps and portfolios and co-create solutions to maximize the value delivered by the agile teams within your product(s) area.
What you'll be working on
You'll be working within the Integrated Commercial IT Domain and Commercial Excellence Product Line. Commercial Excellence focuses on enabling an Affiliate to consume IT products/services related to commercial back-office processes, in particular related to Gov. and Commercial Pricing, Quote and Contract Management, Tender Management, Distributor Management, Commercial Channel Inventory Allocation, Software Monetization, Sales Planning & Forecasting, and related Analytics.
The "Tender, Proposal & Quote Management" product enables the conversion of opportunities into quotes, incl. customer pricing and budgetary quotes by providing the corresponding IT solutions & services. Also, Tender & Proposal Management enables Roche to prepare for tender & proposal responses for any account (Single, KAM, IKAM) and improve our ability to respond faster and manage the volume with efficiency.
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT AND PARTNERING
* Deeply connect and understand the customer and business needs and closely partner with stakeholders (and business process management where applicable) to develop the strategic direction of the product and shape the digital roadmap and portfolio to quickly deliver highest value outcomes for Patients, Society and Roche
* Drive co-creation of product vision and strategy, including contribution to the development and implementation of cross Products and Product Line strategies, through deep partnership and collaboration with products stakeholders
* Define and deliver the product roadmap and manage the end-to-end product lifecycle (including continuously facilitating product discovery), ensuring it delivers tangible and meaningful value aligned with customer needs and expected business outcomes, overarching Product Line strategy and Enterprise Architecture and Sustainability principles to enable the Business to leverage the full Informatics offering
LEADERSHIP AND INFLUENCE
* Lead, manage and mobilize agile product teams. Lead and influence in a matrix environment; create an environment of teamwork and partnering within the area and across business organizations and Informatics
* Work closely with Product Line Leads and Chapters to ensure the workforce strategy supports the future product needs and that the product fosters agile working
* Ensure security, quality and privacy practices are embedded into product lifecycle in alignment with the global Information Security Management System
* Coordinate, connect and collaborate across informatics to foster a spirit of "One Roche"
IMPACT AND COMPLEXITY
* Support Product Line Lead in portfolio prioritization; lead strategic planning for the product and collaborate with other Product Managers and the Product Line Lead for the definition of end-to-end service levels, monitoring of KPIs and OKRs
* Accountable for the total cost of your product, including budgeting and financial management
* Define and manage product service levels, governance and operational support model(s) aligned with stakeholder needs
* Lead or coordinate technical discussions and vendor negotiations
* Ensure stability, quality and transparency in all aspects of the product governance and partner with senior/global leaders to ensure compliance with existing and changing regulations (e.g. Informatics Quality, Information Security, Finance)
Information Security, Privacy and Regulatory
* Demonstrate a working knowledge and implications of general and Roche-specific information security, privacy and regulatory principles and requirements.
* Accountable that product and services are designed, delivered and maintained in accordance with applicable information security, privacy and regulatory requirements.
* Ensure information risk assessment process and implementation guidelines are followed.
What you'll need to be successful
* 5+ years of leadership experience and related product-centric knowledge in an IT environment
* Bachelor or advanced degree
* Exhibits servant and creative leadership (VACC) behavior-
* Exhibits a Lean-Agile Mindset and excels at Product Management practices
* Takes 'progressive risk'--not thrill-seeking, but risk that leads to opportunity
* Has a keen IT market focus: you are passionate about major trends for the specific discipline
* Demonstrates an executive presence, strong business acumen, ability to navigate ambiguity, and manages complexity
* Has an enterprise mindset that can break down silos. Focus on continuous delivery through collaboration, and bringing people together to work towards the same purpose across organizational boundaries.
* Exhibits ability to empower teams and individuals to act autonomously and hold them accountable.
* Exhibits ability to manage and account for large product budgets
* Exhibits intellectual curiosity and integrity and has a strong passion for innovation
Location - Primary Location: Basel / Kaiseraugst.
Secondary Locations: All IT Hubs
Travel - Minimized by leveraging virtual collaboration methods
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche Kaiseraugst is a cornerstone of Roche's global production and logistics network. It employs some 1900 people out of the 10,700 employees at our Basel/Kaiseraugst site and is Roche's largest and most innovative packaging facility worldwide. Read more.
Besides extensive development and training opportunities, we offer flexible working options, 18 weeks of maternity leave and 10 weeks of gender independent partnership leave. Our employees also benefit from multiple services on site such as child-care facilities, medical services, restaurants and cafeterias, as well as various employee events.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion, and strive to identify and create opportunities that enable all people to bring their unique selves to Roche.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Santa Clara , IT Product Manager - Tender, Proposal & Quote Management (m/f/d), Executive , Santa Clara, California
here to apply!