Vice President of HR
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Appvance is the inventor, first to market, and industry leader
of AI-driven autonomous testing. Every day we disrupt the software
testing industry through our patented Appvance IQ (AIQ) unified
test platform. We deliver automated testing to the world's leading
brands using the most advanced Machine Learning engine that can
design, generate, and execute tests for sophisticated web and
mobile applications with no human intervention.
About the Role:
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of HR is accountable for all HR
functions, which includes providing advice, coaching, guidelines
and processes especially in the four critical areas of: 1)
strategic thinking and planning; 2) OKR goal setting company wide
3) Training and professional development, and 4) Performance
Management. This role acts as an internal advisor and expert
consultant in the primary areas noted here, combining strategic and
tactical activities on a daily basis.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the executive team to establish Appvance as a
best-in-class organization, with a focus on People programs that
drive Appvance's culture, mission, and vision forward.
- Manage, develop and train management and employees on goal
setting through company wide OKRs.
- Drive a scalable performance culture that can remain strong and
consistent across multiple geographic locations.
- Introduce new methodologies to help managers routinely identify
and appropriately manage high-performers and underperformers.
- Oversee compliance, recruiting, on/ off-boarding, compensation
and benefits, equity, HR systems, performance management and
technology across the company.
- Running people data and analytics to ensure data-driven
decision-making at all times, incorporating qualitative and
quantitative feedback from engagement surveys, 1:1s, and more
- Develop HR frameworks, tools and processes to meet business
needs, align internal programs and comply with external
- Challenge the status quo for our recruiting systems and
strategies to ensure we are maximizing our outreach to world-class
people across all roles and geographies. About you:
- 10+ years of related experience, including leading a dynamic HR
team in a scaling technology startup.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or
- Experience designing and delivering programs for Training and
Professional Development programs.
- Experience implementing company wide OKRs for goal
- Demonstrated ability to confidently navigate all People team
functional areas including; HR, Talent, and broader people strategy
(e.g. compensation & leveling, manager training, culture, OKRs,
- Experience working closely with the CEO, executive team, and
cross-functionally to further develop strategy for and build out
the organization as a strategic business partner.
- Proven ability to be strategic and in the weeds simultaneously;
an ability to communicate and collaborate with leadership and
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports, peers, and
executive leaders on sound People practices.
- Sense of urgency and roll-up-your sleeves philosophy. Identify
key areas that will have a significant positive impact - get it
done quickly, accurately, and efficiently Bonus if you have the
- International HR experience with Costa Rica & India
- SHRM or SPHR certification
This is a hybrid position in Santa Clara of 2 days a week in
At Appvance, we tie our pay ranges to role and level. In the United
States, that means your pay ranges will fall into one of three
geographic pay zones depending on your location. The base pay range
across the 3 zones is $160,000 - $220,000.
Within each range, pay is ultimately determined based on your
skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible
for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity. Please ask the
recruiter if you would like more details.
Appvance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Appvance, Santa Clara , Vice President of HR, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!