IB Freight Manager
Company: Applied Materials
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: September 19, 2023
IB Freight Manager
- Lead US IB freight charter by driving freight delivery on time
and cost saving program to meet the AOP goals.
- Collaborate and share knowledge together with the
transportation team for best practices and deliver freight to a
desired destination at the correct time, ensuring safety and
incurring the least possible cost.
- Develop and establish a plan to ensure IB freight network are
effectively execute and order fulfillment processes to meet
service, quality and cost objectives.
- Manage the movement of WW inbound freight, by coordinating with
suppliers and LSP. This is to ensure smooth and optimize Inbound
cargo movement to achieve the contractual transit times from
suppliers into US factory for continuity of supplies.
- Oversees operations of multiple outsourced Logistics Operations
providers and internal organization.
- Planning space capacity, booking system (x-Carrier) and x-dock
activities are in place to meet the standard of freight operation
at multiple optimum locations with performance indicators
- Ensures Logistics capability is in place to fulfill customer
requirements in compliance with transportation systems, processes
and documented work instructions (SOP) in dashboard.
- Perform reconciliations, validations and audits for cross dock
hub inventory operations that associated with transportation
- Work closely with Management to implement corrective actions
- Manages commitment methodologies and processes across product
groups. Generates necessary documentation, including freight spends
activity/status reports, operation review input, and freight cost
- Administers company policies, including yearly performance
review, that directly affect subordinate employees.
- Escalate claims for AMAT lost or damaged materials and help
resolve suppliers parts claim
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and
principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area
contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and
priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and
- Impacts the level of service and the team s ability to meet
quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business
unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related
areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global
Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards
at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of
ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values..
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a
number of factors including location and level and will vary
depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and
experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package,
candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as
participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Applied Materials, Santa Clara , IB Freight Manager, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!