Program Manager, Battery Transport Regulations - Global Trade Compliance
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Role based in Global Trade and works collaboratively across
multiple departments as both a leader and a team player.
- The focus is to ensure that regulatory requirements are conveyed
to key stakeholder who communicate with regional AC, FG, Retail and
ASP's locations for product handling, classification, packaging,
marking, labeling, documentation, training, and transportation.
- Responsible for working with Product Safety, regulators, and
industry associations to promote regulation changes that are in
Apple's best interest.
- Attend industry and regulatory meeting as needed to represent
- Oversees Dangerous Goods Regulations which impact Apple products
- Domestic, regional, international, and modal transportation
regulations that apply worldwide.
- Communicates regulatory requirements to key stakeholders and
assist in clarifying impact to Apple.
8 years' work experience monitoring and interpreting hazardous
material and dangerous good regulations.
DGSA Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser status
Experienced and certified in the following Hazmat regulations:
PHMSA (DOT), ICAO (IATA), IMDG, TGR, ADR and UN Model standards
including but not limited to, marking, labeling, documentation, and
Work independently to prepare summaries of regulatory analysis and
applicability assessments while also collaborating with team
members and regulatory experts.
Proven project management experience
- Provide quarterly (or as needed) regulation updates to key
- Stay current on and interpret battery transportation regulations
that impact Apple products and business.
- Participate in Industry and regulatory groups to influence
transport regulations to be in Apple's best interest.
- Provide internal consulting services to product safety, product
design and Operations.
- Follow and provide updates on Core Regulations: UN, IMDG, ICAO,
IATA, ADR, 49CFR, NOMs, China, ADN, and TDG.
- Regulation interpretation for battery transport only (not
storage, handling, waste, recycle)
- Respond to key stakeholders on Regulatory impacts to Apple.
- Follow and update management on future regulations that are under
- Review Assessments and FAA investigations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Keywords: Apple, Santa Clara , Program Manager, Battery Transport Regulations - Global Trade Compliance, Executive , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!