Inpatient Masters Therapist Per Diem
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and
crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who
present themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range
of mental health needs. Collaborates with treating physician,
psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct
each individual members treatment program.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical
treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of
Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness.
Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate
treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to
individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding
compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to
prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May
administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate.
Provides appropriate support to member's family. May develop and
conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries
and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's
treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations
and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required
to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and
community organizations to meet the needs of the member's
treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral
medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings,
including primary care. Provides consultation to other care
providers and health educators on matters relating to mental
health, health psychology and behavioral medicine.
- May supervise Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social
Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate
Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical
track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required
from an accredited college or university.License, Certification,
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family
Therapist in the State of California or Licensed Professional
Clinical Counselor (must also meet couples and families requirement
or complete within two (2) years of hire) with the State of
California approval by the Board of Behavioral Science.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad
range of psychiatric conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and
professional board standards as is related to member treatment,
patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Previous post license, experience as a member of a psychiatric
treatment team in an outpatient or inpatient setting/program under
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Behavioral
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : On-Call, Start and End times Varies. Scheduled days and
hours are dependent on departmental needs and may include holidays
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ
Behavioral Hlth Ser
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Department : Santa Clara Behavioral Health - Crisis
Stabilization-PSY O/P - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara , Inpatient Masters Therapist Per Diem, Healthcare , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!