Quality Nurse Consultant
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Coordinates quality, accreditation, regulatory and licensing
(AR&L), patient safety and risk management activities for the
medical center. Provides clinical, educational, consulting, and
coordinating support to assigned areas. Uses nurses licensure as a
substantial amount of scientific knowledge or technical skill for
indirect patient care services that ensure the safety, comfort,
personal hygiene, and protection of patients; and the performance
of disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Acts as a consultant for quality, AR&L, risk, patient
safety, and infection prevention activities and programs.
- Assists with quality management studies through data
collection, data input and report development.
- Analyzes, interprets and provides recommendation based on
- Organize and coordinate project planning, group process
facilitation, training, and appropriate application of information
- Reports all occurrences which may lead to medical center
liability and follows up as necessary.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration for implementation
of evidence based guidelines, criteria and other clinical tools to
reduce variation in clinical practice and to optimize clinical
- Educates physicians and staff regarding regional projects or
regulatory reviews, i.e. the interpretation of regulatory
requirements and the methods of compliance when preparing for a
review or the interpretation of project goals.
- Analyzes risk management/patient safety principles and provides
recommendations for the incorporation of risk management principles
in each medical center.
- Provides support services to appropriate medical center staff
in implementing risk management principles into credentialing
- Participates in special projects as assigned, such as
statistical reports for state, federal, and local
- Applies the appropriate performance improvement methodology to
address improvement opportunity (eg. MFI, Lean DMAIC).
- May support infection prevention and control
- Supports maintenance of IC records and policy/procedure manual
reviews and revisions.
- Supports the medical centers continuous survey readiness
program to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Minimum three (3) years of combined experience in quality, risk
management, patient safety, infection prevention,
accreditation/regulation, licensing or operational clinical
leadership in a healthcare setting.
- Bachelors degree in nursing, business administration,
economics, health care administration, operation research, public
health administration, or other related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- CIC certificate required within three (3) years, if primary job
focus is Infection Control.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in quality
operations in an acute care setting.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Quality/ Risk/Patient Safety/Just Culture/Project
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Medical
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon - Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 04:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Santa Clara Homestead Hospital - Hosp Adm-Quality
Improvement - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara , Quality Nurse Consultant, Healthcare , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!